Richmond, Va

Dewinterize Question

I am getting ready to get the ski started and wanted to know if I need to change the oil and sprak plugs? I changed the oil when I winterized but sprayed the foggin oil and don't have enough experience to know if this will contaminate the oil same thing for the plugs. I have not changed them since last year when I dewinterized and want to know if you guys think I should just changed them now, run the old gas out first then change them or not change them at all since I did not have any issues at the end of the season. Thanks.

it is a good idea like you mentioned to run it and burn at least the first gas tank with those plugs and oil fogging oil will not harm it.

once everything is burnt i usually put fresh plugs inn and keep the older ones for next winterization season plugs usually last a while but it is cheap insurance to change them and have a season free trouble.

as for the oil if you have changed it in the winterization procedures you are good until the next oil change at 50 more hrs alot of members here do their own oilchange so either after they burnt the first gas tank will change their oil or will do it at 25 hrs instead of 50 hrs.

either way if you did the proper procedure of winterization you could just slap on the battery run it on the hose and burn the fogging oil and warm up engine go for a long ride and burn that fuel stabilizer you had in your gas and put fresh gas after.

it all depands of you plugs are cheap,oil change is cheap if you do it yourself more often thats what i do.

hope that helped

Richmond, Va
    Thanks for the reply, I'll go ahead and do that. This way I can order the plugs online. They're cheaper than the local dealer.

Thread Information