Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Did I get a good deal?

New to the forums. My father-in-law and I just picked up a pair of NEW 2007 GP1300R for $7500 out the door a piece. Also got free covers and a double trailer at cost. My fathe-in-law ownes car dealerships so he knows how to work these guys..haha. Did we get a good deal and also Should I go with a Stage II kit or a nitrous setup? Thanks in advance and cant wait to get out on the water.

Wink

Brand new thats a great deal, I would buy one right now for that price if I knew someone to sell me one. I paid 10 for my 07 in april of 07.

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

That was a great deal.

IMO don't waste your time with the staged kits. Do some reading and research here on the forum and then decide. The search button is your friend. Visit the How-to-do and FAQ section.

First mods should be tunnel reinforcement, replace stock intake grate, install a D-plate. Also look into an aftermarket ride plate, air filter, PPK and seal the pump shoe, Jetworks mod.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

That was a great deal.

IMO don't waste your time with the staged kits. Do some reading and research here on the forum and then decide. The search button is your friend. Visit the How-to-do and FAQ section.

First mods should be tunnel reinforcement, replace stock intake grate, install a D-plate. Also look into an aftermarket ride plate, air filter, PPK and seal the pump shoe, Jetworks mod.
    Couldn't agree more!!

I'd say yes very good deal those ski's go 10g's otd normally. As far as mods WFO is correct. There are ppl on here that can get ya faster than a "stage???" . Those ski are capable of 75+ w/o even taking the head off.

+1 on the no stages thing. I think they include some un-needed parts with their kit. Also, for safety reasons, GET RID OF THE STOCK INTAKE GRATE. This is purely a safety issue. Purchase an R&D 1200 grate and you will be good to go.

thanks for the replys. I am really having to do my research. I am more of a car guy and this is all foreign to me. Is the online store the best place to buy products? Also, can I do the installs myself or should I take it to a shop?

Yes ya can buy most parts on this site but sum may have to get other places such as a jetworx kit.{?} The plate will have to be done, the prop will have to be sent off aswell. There are ppl on here that do ski's for ppl. I believe WFO{richard} is doing efi setups.... If ya dont know anything about ski's I'd let somebody else do it and be done with it unless ya have several hrs to dedecate and very precise hotlines to buzz. Thank god for Ronn25 & Rocketman... Some of it can be a PITA like a keyway and a jetworks kit when ya dump all that bag of chit on the table I know I've got over 200hrs labor in my gpr not counting water testing! The pump tunnel reinforcment has to be done right or it WILL fail... but once its all done man what a difference night & day can honestly say it was worth it should have gotten a freakin gpr years ago.

Well I paid for them over the weekend and I am going to pick them up today hopefully if I have time. What exactly does the grate do? I hear you say its for safety but what is its purpose?

What intake grate are you guys suggesting the Aquavien 1200R&D or the regular two bar R&D?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information