Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FI 25 Knock sensor Question???? Help!

Hi Guys,, I now have the 2002 service manual. I have two 2002 turbos side by side. One reset all codes and runs well. The other it alarms and shows 25 knock sensor. But, after reading alot on this forum, wow, it may be a number of things. I might switch one ecu from one to the other. The manual says to change knock sensor, take intake apart to get to it. Any short cuts? On the hose after clearing ecu, I run it at 2500 rpms steady then jumps to 3000 rpms and alarms FI almost immediately. trading ecu will allow for contact check also. I feel the knock sensor under intake, but hard to believe you have to take it all apart to change it. Any ideals will be of great help. What else can I do that the manual might not mention. Thank You,,,,, Eddie
    I posted on both places and hope I get some ideals.

+1
    get with forum member/moderator Nitroshark

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Best bet at this point is to swap the ECUs after that you will have to try a new sensor. Be sure to check the wiring for corrosion first.

And yes the Knock sensor is under the intake and rather hard to get to.

Shawn

OK, but do you have to take it all apart. Is there a way to get it out without taking intake off?
    It gets up to speed and sometimes goes further than last before alarming. How acturate is a code signals?
    They want $92.00 an hour at the shop. $106.00 for a knock sensor. No telling how long to do the work. Thats why I am here. I will switch ecu and will know more when I do. Thanks ,,, Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    Best bet at this point is to swap the ECUs after that you will have to try a new sensor. Be sure to check the wiring for corrosion first.

Shawn

Man it isn't that hard took bout 30 min to get to it. all you really gotta do is pull off left side covers and remove throttle body covers and just unbolt intercooler.. don't take the lines off!! and its a 24mm to get that sensor off. If you got any questions jus let me no..

I put the turbo back together that was off on one of them. Not easy bolts to get to. Repaired both actualrators and loosened waste gate on both. I think once I do this, like anything else, it would be cake to do a second one. It's that first time that I dread. Have to dive in sooner or later. Thanks for the encouragement. Besides, I finally have the manual. Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by btownhondaguy View Post
    Man it isn't that hard took bout 30 min to get to it. all you really gotta do is pull off left side covers and remove throttle body covers and just unbolt intercooler.. don't take the lines off!! and its a 24mm to get that sensor off. If you got any questions jus let me no..

OK, I switched ECU's. Coded FI almost right away and ran like it was missing right off the bat, then coded. They are new plugs so is it worth checking out coils before buying knock sensor? How many knock sensors have been known to go bad? Will coil FI and show knock sensor?Conections looked good from ECU side.
    Big question? Where does the alarms store info, in the dash meter or the ECU like I would think? If dash, then Changing ECU's would not matter.
    I will check manual for for that info also. I did not reset codes after switching ECU. Should have checked other ECU in good ski, but did not. Thanks,,, Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post

Shawn

Bout the only way i no to check a watercraft code is to do it on hondas HDS.. It bout the easiest way to tell you wats wrong also.. Might coulkd bring it to your local dealer and they can plug it in and take bout 10 min and it will tell you exactly wat ya prob is.. bets buying stuff that won't do you no good and most dealeras won't take back electrical stuff so.. But with the HDS u can reset ya ecu andmonitor it while its running so u can see if anything else will give you any problems in the future. If you have any questions let me no.. By the way i can get you a Knock sensor for bout 93 + tax dunno if that helps you any.. But i Have changed several sensors in the past.. I not sure wat causes them to go bad?? Low octain?? Any ideas??

How much would the HDS cost us to buy.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    The HDS does not work on the 2002 model. you need to read the codes from the dash display.

The codes are store in the ECU on your model also. Best bet now is to test the sensor, if you can start it without the code try to unplug it. It should alarm out right away.

Check all connections and reset the ECU before going further.

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information