Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Whats a good PWC wax???

Anyone know of anything? Could you use just normal car wax. I have the Black Magic liquid max.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    Anyone know of anything? Could you use just normal car wax. I have the Black Magic liquid max.
    Above the rubrail I will say any carwax is fine and would definatly recommend nano or any other synthetic high shine high protection wax.

Below the rubrail I have heard a couple theories and they don't match

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    I also am interested in this. I have heard that waxing the hull will cause aeration to occur, which leads to some speed loss. My ski will be in the water for 2 week periods, so I obviously want something on the hull.

getting waterlogged hotrod_sxty8's Avatar
    I've been using ICE wax on my skis on the plastic parts and anything I didn't want the "white wax residue" to show on. on the fiberglass on my xp I just use the old fashioned turtle wax, on my 97gtx I use meguires gold class it really makes the metallic green POP when the sunlight hits it. I still use the turtle wax on the lower hull though...

I would use a Marine wax. I remember watching Ship Shape and a rep from Meguires was on there and he said theres a big difference between Gel coat on boats and clear coats on cars and theres a significant differences in car waxes and marine waxes.

I use a Basic 3M Cleaner wax on my boat, bought it at Wal-Mart around 12 dollars.

Just letting you guys know ive heard.

+1
    I use meguires gold class liquid spray wax on on top and bottom of hull and on hood once a month for a couple years. Had no problems.

I heard to stay away from the waxes that are not in a liquid form because they are to abrassive to the gelcoat

getting waterlogged hotrod_sxty8's Avatar
    I dunno about the abrasiveness of regular carwax...
    I do know that the stuff we used at the boat factory for waxing the molds was good stuff and funny thing was it smelled exactly like megs gold class same color and texture too trust me after waxing a single mold 10-15 times before it was used you remember what the wax smelled like...lol I never did find out who made it.

THEE 6'5" 235pd rough rider doc212121's Avatar
    One polish......www.zainobros.com. Its a show car polish, Ive used it for years, any great showcar guy will tell you, this is where its at. NOT WAX, its a polish, and no petroleum distilliates, if you see that in your ingredient list, trash it, FOR REAL.
    Zaino will make miracles on anything you use it on, and DO NOT polish the bottom of the ski, its not a friendly feel at 70+

i run a yacht washing/ waxing business. i use Nautical Ease. it too is a polish, not a wax. it is sooooo easy to use, goes on great and it it comes off really easy. the key is to let it dry on the fiberglass/ plastic for a good 30 min. $15 for a pint

i've also heard that waxing the bottom can cause a loss of speed. offshore race boats actually sand the bottoms of their boats. I've heard it allows air to stick to the bottom of the hull and in turn it provides less resistance. IDK if thats true but i've heard it from several people. i dont have the balls to try it on my ski.

Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post

Meguiars NXT generation Tech Wax 2.0 works AWESOME. Easy on, Easy off. Less water spots and smells good too!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information