xspower intercooler mounting suggestions

I ordered an xspower IC off of ebay a couple days ago and already purchased the blow off valve from ppg along with the block off plate and have someone to do the custom piping, now my question is what did you guys do to actually mount it to the ski and hold it in place. Is it worth trying to make a bracket similar to rivas or are there other ways that it would work just as good. Ive only seen 1 post with install pics and saw it had the bungees connected to it but not enough detail for me to understand what he did or what else they were held on to, any info at all or suggestions would help me out.

First off, send back that blow off valve from PPG. It's been discussed many times on this forum and the majority feel it is more of a hinderance then a help on 4tec supercharger application. As for the intercooler, do a search and you will find several topics relating to install of the XS cooler.

I really dont want to make this thread about the BOV but I don't see what negative affects it can have, plus it was recommended because the superchargers clutches are supposed to last longer with it (was told by PPG), I would assume there is a reason why Rivas kit comes with it, either way I am not saying your wrong and it may be a hinderance and I can be ignorant for not understading its true purpose or affects but its still good info to know but again any more info on the cooler and mounting is most helpful right now, Im searching and trying to find more info myself to.

thanks a lot Yuji for your help, hope you didn't take the BOV thing the wrong way, Im reading some posts on it now.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if there's two topics in the 4tec world that will cosntantly be a dispute, it's BOVs and oil.

u'll find almost everyone on this forum WILL NOT run a BOV, and if their kit came with one, they remove it and block it off.

i know ur topic is more so about mounting... my mount works, it's solid as a rock, but if i had the equipment and resources on hadn to do on my own time, i would have welded a 1" square tube aluminum mounting cradle for it and bolted it to the pump bolts inside the hull and the bolt that holds the stock exhaust resonator in.

No problem at all...hope you get all the information you need here

Thread Information