'01 Ultra 150 Questions

New to this forum, but not new to jets. I also have a jetboat. I have been DIYing Sea-Doo jets for 5 or 6 years. I just bought a 2001 Ultra 150 last weekend. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

1) Where can I get a cheap service manual? Electronic version would work. Any place online where you can download one cheap/free?

2) Ski has 94 hours on it. Should I go ahead and consider a pump rebuild kit or just see how it runs and go with it if it looks good?

3) I hate oil injectors. However, I have read that it is not a good idea to unhook them on the 150's. I want to replace the lines to ensure they are not getting ready to crack. Can I get some from Autozone or are they special made for the 150? I also read that some people are mixing 100:1 in their gas tanks. I'm guessing that is a good idea?

4) Has anyone put an oil pressure guage on one of these? Would this help? How easy would it be? Just trying to do anything to safeguard against oil injector failure.

Please feel free to tell me anything else I should be looking at. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to Green Hulk! I will send you a pm about the manual. As for the rest of your questions. You could go ahead and do the pump seals and bearings or atleast pull it and give it a good inspection. Look at the mods thread in my sig it will help with what to do to it. Main thing is the wear ring clearance. The ultra is unlike most other pumps, it uses shims to adjust clearance. Most times you can pull one to get better clearance. The oil injection lines are 3 mm. Your local parts store probably wont have it but it can be bought in bulk online. I havent heard of anyone doing a pressure gauge. The oil pump failing is almost unheard of it is usually cracked oil lines that kill them. The 1200 engine is very difficult to convert to premix and not recomended since the oil pump also supplies the balancer cavities.

Great. Thanks.

Thanks. That's exactly what happened to my boat. 5 cent oil line cracked and cost me $1000. I will definitely be changing the lines on my Ultra since it is difficult to go premix. I'll look for the PM. I have been reading what I can find on the Ultra pump. I rebuilt both pumps on my boat and it was not that hard to do. I do realize that this one is a little different, though. Thanks for your help.

By the way

Any other things I should look for that seem to be problem areas on used 150's. Engine compression was right at 120 for all cylinders, which is why I pulled the trigger to buy it. Planning on some pump work and new oil lines. Anything else?

I bought a 2000 ultra last year to resell to a buddy. The prev owner thought it burned a piston. When I tore it down it had cracked oil lines and had destroyed a piston and cyl. Atleast I had the parts onhand to fix it but the damage could have been much worse. Let me know if you got any questions about the pump setup.

Will do.

THanks. I just sent in the title to get it registered. Takes about 4 weeks so I'll have some time. Might start messing around with it towards the end of the month. I'm also planning on having part of it repainted. It has quite a few dings/gouges in it. My buddy says he'll do it for almost nothing, so I figure why not.. Talk to you later.

Hey btl

Just looked through your threads. Cool looking ski. I'd love to do the bottom of mine like that.

After looking through the mods thread. I may go ahead and pull the pump and get that thing fixed up. Also may pull the grate & ride plate and cut/grind like you did. I will probably get a shredmaster just haven't found one yet.

My buddy has the exact same stock ski as I have. I'd love to blow him out of the water first time out. He thinks his ski will do 72 just becasue the speedo says so. I can't convince him otherwise.

Welcome to the Green Hulk.

Remeber, we love pictures!!

He would die if he got on mine. Today I saw it hit 84 gps said 71. I almost never look at the speedo I have a garmin foretrex strapped on the bar. It has a full screen speed display thats easy to see and has max speed. If you could slip in heads, carb mod and stinger mod he would never know what hit him. Since you got time to wait on registration and paint you might want to consider doing a level 1 from skiworx. That would get your pump done with a solas 16/20 and the other mods I mentioned all at 1 time. Steve also does a tripple pisser kit that works well too. It moves your water outlets up front where you can see them. I even moved my exhaust pisser to the left rear side. The shred and some sponsons would be high on my list of mods. You may just want to call shredmaster direct Bob is a great guy he will fix you up.
    Last edited by btldigger; 03-17-2008 at 09:16 PM.

May definitely do the ride plate right off and a few other things. I have solas aftermarkets in my boat. They're great. Installed them myself.

I'll try to take pictures of whatever I get into, even if it doesn't help anyone.

Thread Information