Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

215SC C180 owners...which mods?

Riva claims adding mods to my boat will make little to no difference.

Anyone have any practical experience with modding a 2007 C180 215sc?

I am looking for a list of mods with gps numbers to back up the investment. (pretty please)

I want to know if I should simply trade up to a twin engine. The boat has the room I need and it fits in the garage...but lacks BALLS.

Making this one move like a stock 150 215sc would probably make me happy (for now )

Any idea on the investment required to make the C180 a fun boat to drive?

I’d have to agree with Riva, and I commend them for being honest, rather than just trying to sell you snake oil. These boats are heavy compared to the skis running the exact same engine; there’s so much more drag to overcome. The C180 is a nice boat, in that it can hold a lot of people and only has one engine to feed and maintain, but that also means it has the worse power/weight ratio in Sea-Doo’s line-up. I’ve noticed through all the modifications I’ve done, that they seem to have half the performance benefit I see the same mod having on a ski.

Your goal of being as fast as a stock S150 (56mph) is attainable, though (both top speed and acceleration). Assuming your C180 stock top speed is 49mph, you could hit 56mph with the following mods:

Rude supercharger, $2000
    Rising Rate FPR, $400
    External IC w/strainer, $500 (to $1500)
    4” intake, $120
    New prop, $300
    1-2mph current and/or 10mph tailwind, FREE

That’s the minimum you’ll need to hit 56mph. The 4” intake has the best performance vs cost ratio; just that alone can add a mph and wakeup the throttle response. To go any faster than that, you’d have to change out the ECU and some engine components, among other things.

On the other hand, keep in mind that if you trade for a Speedster 200 and still want to mod it, all your mods will cost twice as much (though the 310hp Speedster is NOT very mod-able).

Here's the mods i'll put on mine in few (weeks/months) this coming spring.
    I can not talk about the performance gains yet, but anyway, my goal is to give it a little more 'oumphhh'.

1-3 inch Cold air intake+K&N conical filter
    2-Jet pump impeller changed to Solas 14/19R
    3-Remove stock intercooler from intake + block off plug
    4-Addition of an ext. intercooler (XSstyle from ebay)+plumbing
    5-Open the S/C to put a RR high boost impeller in there to up the boost.
    6-Swap the stock fuel injectors for 42 pounds RR ones.

I also upgraded the S/C to 06/07 specs (complete rebuilt) and added in the Riva 06-07 Metal Washers while i was there for durability/reliability.

I figure that with that i should be....(i wish for...) close to between 52-55 mph....but only my GPS will tell when i'll check it once done....i really enjoy this boat, and wouldn't change it for TWIN engines, i just want it a bit stronger on power.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 03-18-2008 at 10:29 PM.

C 180 sc mods

Check Yuji's posts...he had a 180 sc and got some good gains with a 4" air intake, external intercooler, thru hull exhaust, tweaked Skat impeller, and filled rideplate holes. He also upgraded his s/c bearings and washers. Not sure if he did a thermostat for heat fade.

If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar
    I have put a 4" intake, a green SC wheel and washers from Jerry all for about $600, I was not happy with my boat until then, now I really like it. It still needs a better impeller but it GPS'd at 52mph which is 7 more than I got stock (I am pretty sure my ceramic washers were slipping even though it only had 5 hours on it, it was slooow). More power everywhere, no need to replace injectors if this is as far as you plan to go. If you want to go any faster you will need injectors (and will use more fuel too) Have you seen what a dual SC engined boat uses for fuel , dual normally aspirated fuel mileage isnt too bad though.

Sc

Hey Vinny,excuse me but i don't know what a green sc wheel is.Sounds like the mods you have done are simple and work,without getting into major mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by badvinny View Post
    I have put a 4" intake, a green SC wheel and washers from Jerry all for about $600, I was not happy with my boat until then, now I really like it. It still needs a better impeller but it GPS'd at 52mph which is 7 more than I got stock (I am pretty sure my ceramic washers were slipping even though it only had 5 hours on it, it was slooow). More power everywhere, no need to replace injectors if this is as far as you plan to go. If you want to go any faster you will need injectors (and will use more fuel too) Have you seen what a dual SC engined boat uses for fuel , dual normally aspirated fuel mileage isnt too bad though.

Riva don't know sh!t about boats!!!

Last year my only mods were intake and 14/19 impeller and I realised almost a 5 mph gain to put me at 50 mph from about 46. This put my RPMs at 7950 in very cold water. I expect that when the water warms up in the middle of our short summer I will need another power adder to stay where I was at.
    This is why I installed a Green wheel this winter. I cant wait to test cause I expect to see at least 52 mph with better acceleration, albeit the 14/19R really improved acceleration last year on its own.
    I expect next winter I will add an intercooler and RRRFPR which should put me at around 55 mph. I HOPE!!!

Green wheel

Can someone tell me what a green wheel is,lol.Where do i look for mods online?

The Green wheel or Rotax Racing high boost are somewhat equivalent performing parts, they are in fact the rotationnal wheel (fan) that is inside the supercharger, it is linked to the engine rotation so when engine accelerates, it does also, the purpose of those wheels is to compress the air, to give a boost pressure inside your engine combustion chambers.

So if you upgrade the wheel inside the supercharger, you are actually pushing up the boost pressure, thus creating more performance.

BTW: I'm glad to see i'm not alone with Badvinny and VX1 that modded my C180....those little boats are very practical and good looking, but they were definitely lacking of power in stock form...not anymore after 'the cure'.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercatd View Post
    Can someone tell me what a green wheel is,lol.Where do i look for mods online?
    Last edited by Jeepster; 03-20-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information