Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Reckless in Miami

This past weekend, I was hired as Captain to run a 40' Formula in Miami. I haven't spent much time down there, and we decided to anchor off of Monument Island. We dropped the hook about 150' offshore to leave plenty of room for boats to maneuver. From the time we got there, about 6-8 wreckless skiers went ripping by us within 10' of our boat at about 60mph, and threw spray up on the bow where my crew was sunning. A PWC owner myself, I now have a better understanding of why we are so hated on the water- because of clowns like these guys. They were running over 50mph, and trying to throw passengers from the back by pulling a 180' turn at that speed! Completely reckless, and without concern for anyone's safety. I could care less if you want to end your life by riding like a moron, but I value mine.

I hear ya! I was a boater way before I had a PWC the rentals are the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    I hear ya! I was a boater way before I had a PWC the rentals are the worst!
    These weren't rentals- these riders all had their skis tricked out with custom paint. Angry because of all the places skis are banned? It's because of punks like these. I must say that it would have brought me a small amount of joy to see one of them get clothes-lined by my anchor chain which they rode dangerously close to at 60mph.

Obsessive Compulsive ;)
    +1
    Yup, that's why they hate us.

I carry my boating courtesy with me on the ski. But nobody waves back when you're some asshole on a jetski.

Looks like it's time you got some longer, dark colored anchor lines.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Islandtime View Post
    This past weekend, I was hired as Captain to run a 40' Formula in Miami. I haven't spent much time down there, and we decided to anchor off of Monument Island. We dropped the hook about 150' offshore to leave plenty of room for boats to maneuver. From the time we got there, about 6-8 wreckless skiers went ripping by us within 10' of our boat at about 60mph, and threw spray up on the bow where my crew was sunning. A PWC owner myself, I now have a better understanding of why we are so hated on the water- because of clowns like these guys. They were running over 50mph, and trying to throw passengers from the back by pulling a 180' turn at that speed! Completely reckless, and without concern for anyone's safety. I could care less if you want to end your life by riding like a moron, but I value mine.
    Yup thats miami the majority of riders here dont care and are completly reckless they give us the real enthusiast a bad name on the water.

Angry

I agree 100% with you.
    I went by there on Sunday looking for fellow SoFlaRiders. I didn't recognized anyone.

I noticed the extreme stupidity and recklessness of the riders there, but also the same behavior was copied by boaters alike.

... so kept going toward Virginia Key. On the way there, I witnessed a near miss by a jetskier and the Fisher Island Ferry.

On the way back to the ramp, I was almost tossed from my ski in a no wake zone by a cigarette boat leaving a 3-4 feet wake behind him.

In short, Miami Bay area is a ZOO.

FZS-T
    I witness that mess yesterday as well but all I could tell you is that most people there on that island are rookies with no common sense and just hate it how most of this riders are so DARN Reckless!! That’s why I enjoy going on trip with my Crew (Soflariders) I try to stay away as much as i can from South Beach......

+1

Now this is Scary!

Scary Spice Mel B. straps onto her man Stephan Belafonte while riding a massive jetski in Miami yesterday. (from TMZ)

Yeah, PalmBeach Jesse and I elected to drive the extra mile and do
    Islamorada. Very pleasant, low amount of traffic both in water and
    out, calm conditions both inside and out.........

Next stop is Ft. Myers and Lovers Key.......

To tell you the truth you can keep Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. There is
    little on the water PWC friendly places. Many of the riders are nuts and
    there's plenty of cops looking for a score. Too bad as you would think
    this is the ultimate paradise for a Jetski. That's one of the reasons I went
    from boats to Jetski's, you can take 'em anywhere you want!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0317_mel_b_mavrix.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	62696  

I think these jack-asses thought that by showing off, they stood some sort of chance with the seven spring break hotties we brought out there with us. Instead, the girls just laughed at them and tried to ignore that crap out there. The FWC and Coast Guard need to go out there and clean house one weekend.

I think these jack-asses thought that by showing off, they stood some sort of chance with the seven spring break hotties we brought out there with us. Instead, the girls just laughed at them and tried to ignore that crap out there. The FWC and Coast Guard need to go out there and clean house one weekend.
    SSooooooo,
    Where ya keeping the "hotties"....
    I promise I wont ride by too fast.
    I promise not to do 180s
    I promise to bring them back with big smiles.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information