Thread: trailering?

trailering?

trailering one ski on a two place trailer. does anyone see any ride or safety issues with doing this? thanks.

No problems... Just try to keep the ski on the Drivers side.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I have done this, using a Triton Elite WC-II double trailer and a single 3 seat PWC. No problems were experienced, but the Triton torsion suspension models are known for their smooth towing.

I would suggest you bias the tongue weight a little on the heavy side (percentage-wise). Should help keep any trailer sway in check.

When I towed my double with only one PWC, I set the loaded side's tire pressure to the sidewall max (as recommended for that trailer), but I reduced the tire pressure on the other (unloaded) side by 10-20lbs. My thinking was that this should help even out the tire drag a little. Don't know if it made any real difference, but it didn't hurt.

I hate it!

I've done it twice, dropping ski off at dealer and then picking it up. About 60-70 miles total and I hated every second of it. I don't recall any safety issues, just that the trailer seemed to bounce around more, not to mention my tongue weight was all screwed up because I have it setup for two skis.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Don't know about every double trailer... but I turn the inner bunks on my Zieman to face each other and move one of the winches to center. Now I can tow two or one with the reconfiguration taking less than five minutes.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Personally I hate it too. It rides like crap. It feels like the trailer is going to flip over all the time with one ski on it. It might be the fact that i have a crappy shor'lander tho. Like posted earlier, keep it on the driver side if you happen to drive a lot of counrty roads. I spend more time looking in the mirror to see if its still there if I hear a noise than I do looking at the road. Just my 2 cents...

We tow single skis around on a double trailer all the time and I've never thought twice about it. It may ride a little rougher but as long as its a wide trailer I really doubt there is anything to worry about. Honestly jet ski trailers are so small and light compared to the larger trailers I tow, even with two jet skis they still ride rough.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I have done this, using a Triton Elite WC-II double trailer and a single 3 seat PWC. No problems were experienced, but the Triton torsion suspension models are known for their smooth towing.

I would suggest you bias the tongue weight a little on the heavy side (percentage-wise). Should help keep any trailer sway in check.

When I towed my double with only one PWC, I set the loaded side's tire pressure to the sidewall max (as recommended for that trailer), but I reduced the tire pressure on the other (unloaded) side by 10-20lbs. My thinking was that this should help even out the tire drag a little. Don't know if it made any real difference, but it didn't hurt.

I have the exact same set up and I bought the double thinking I would add another Doo to the other side. It has not happened yet (4 years ago).

It pulls just fine on either side. I switch it up to keep the tire wear about the same on both sides.

Thread Information