Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I/C for a 2004 GTX SC

Guys,

What is needed to install an I/C on a 04 GTX SXC? I am thinking of putting on a stock unit that someone upgraded from. What parts will I need and does anyone have a whole kit that is not $1500?

Brother has an 03 with the Riva stage 1 kit on it and we (dad and I) need to beat him. I'm thinking home made cold air intake, prop, pump wedge, and homemade OPAS eliminator......oh and the IC.

I looked for a write up on the first few mods for these machines and did not find anything. It has 71 hours on it and we will be pulling the SC off next weekend to send to Jerry for an inspection new washers and bearings for the peace of mind.

+1
    Go ahead and send the SC to Jerry for inspection, but plan on replacing washers,if you have not already done so. That will give you the peace of mind you are looking for.

Keep searching the forum as there are a lot of thread regarding the GTX SC (185 hp). Search the 4" air intake systems that members have custom made and the XS intercooler. The XS will cost about $400 -vs- $1,500 you spoke of. Hit Jfizzle (member) for the XS unit.

If you need more info on mods tot he 185 hp skis send me a PM, as most here are modding the 215 hp skis. --jpe

Go with the Piranha or build your own with the XS (ebay) intercooler. Danny has the pipes and bracket for the install, I've used them and they work great! You'll need a lot of small parts and do a lot of research here on the forum, it's def not plug and play.
    This is really your only option because the stock i/c is built into the 215 hp intake manifold. It would require finding an RXP/RXT intake or cutting a hole in the end of your 185 manifold, gluing the ic in, capping it, routing water lines, replacing the water restrictor, etc (I wouldn't recomend it) ...

thanks for the info

I emailed jfizzle regarding the XS intercooler he has listed on ebay. The add says 2 mph over stock which seems low to me? I searched and did not find any 4" air intakes. Do you have anything on those?

What did you do to your GTX SC? Are the Riva bolt on's (pump wedge, grate and impeller) a good investment? Brother has their stage 1 and I didn't see a huge gain.

On the 04 I think the list will look like this:

Jerry's washer install
    jFizzle IC
    Solas 14/20 prop
    Opas
    pump wedge
    4" air intake
    ride plate shims to suit our needs
    and fill holes

What do you think we will gain 4-5 MPH?Does this machine GPS in the high 50's stock?

Just get the xs kit from jfizzle he sells it with everything you need even the bracket.
    Last edited by gtxscrider; 03-18-2008 at 02:19 PM.

+1
    You will not find any massive gains in top speed unless you start going for mods like a rude charger and ecu/injector upgrades. I would say most stage2 RXP's are only doing 73-77mph, condition depending. So this is only a few mph faster than stock with a lot of mods, but the acceleration would b much better. What u will gain is acceleration and a little top speed with the intercooler. so even if your ski is only slightly quiker top end you will beat them on the hole shot. It feels beter to blast some1 from stand still than to gently cruise past because your top speed is a bit faster.

+1
    Search lafjax's threads regarding the 4" air intake. I understand you are requesting info for the 185 hp skis. Some people may post info regarding the 215 hp skis, which you should also understand what they write of, but also understand the difference between the 185 and 215.

You can really benefit from using the "search" function. As you read more, you will see that, as I have as well, members will post threads that duplicate each other, because "we" don't read enough.

As far as the 185 hp ski mods...Some other may join in, but I understand the following:

1) Riva Stage I (Power air filter, 2 degree wedge, 13/20r Solas impeller, OPAS comp kit and intake grate)
    2) free-flow /through-hull exhuast
    3) Skegs
    4) OPAS block off kit
    5) XS Intercooler kit
    6) Greenwheel or other supercharger impeller
    7) 4" air intake

Before you spend money on the stage I kit, I would research the cost benefit of it versus buying seperatly and getting the 4" rather than the power air intake.

Again, if you need more info regarding the 185 hp skis, feel free to PM me. --jeremy

thanks for the info

I spoke to JFizzle today and he hooked me up with some information. I have a good plan, now I just need to start wrenching.

I have a GPS and will document my progress and return some info back to the site.

+1
    If you have not already done so...GPS your ski before mods for comparisons after mods. --jpe

baseline

Yeah we did some GPS and radar runs this past weekend. It did a best of 81MPH coming down a mountain in North Carolina on the Shorleander

As soon as the H2O changes state here in Michigan we will be getting her wet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information