Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My New T-x Smacked By An Ultra 250

Took my new t-x to the lake and broke it in for 6 Hrs, using the learning key, just to keep me from hitting WOT. After 6 hrs, I switched keys and gave it a few short WOT. Found this ultra 250 at the park, after talking for a bit he asked if I wanted to CATCH THE THROTTLE, "Let's do it". He smacked me, off the line her pulled me by 20 ft. and I could not catch him. After just a few seconds of WOT, I shut it down, he was still pulling away from me. He came back to me and we talked and he said all he has done to that ski was changed the ride plate. Does that sound right? I have read the ride plate will a 3-4 mph gain,does it also help on one's hole shot? By the way the lake water was fairly calm, light winds, water temp=69,air=92.

+1
    first of all, throw away the learning key, you dont need it anymore. Second, your ski is probably still limited (break-in period), third, he definately has more than a ride plate if he destroyed you in holeshot. The other cause may be that you left trim down and you suck at riding...ha ha...j/k.

You shouldn't have used the learning key for break-in.

Who replaces only their ride plate and touches nothing else? Me thinks he had something up his sleeve.

+1
    no offense

but is this your first ski or he is not telling you all there is

NO WAY is this normal

yeah he def. has more then a ride plate mod.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/announcement.php?f=8&a=35

this gives some results and shows the X being the fastest overall.

+1
    do not break in your ski with the learner key. You need all rings to get set by some good hard short burst riding. The ecu will protect your ski in the first 5 hours so no need to just putt arround hitting on 2 cyl.
    I agree that if the guy has replaced his rideplate then there is more to the story.
    For you, what rpms are you now running compared to before the 5 hours, which you will have trouble determining cause i suppose you never were at WOT before 5 hours. So what are your rpms now and what are you gpsing your ski at. That will tell alot. I bet your ecu is not completely letting it all out.
    good luck with your new ski.
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-18-2008 at 02:14 PM.

your ski is still pulling timing out till 10 hours my X got faster at 10 --11 hours

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbuck12345 View Post
    your ski is still pulling timing out till 10 hours my X got faster at 10 --11 hours
    Man, is there anyway to trick my ski to believe its been 10 hours. I still havent gotten to 5 hours. waiting anxiously. jk
    Hey Terry, how much increase in rpm did you see from say hour number 1 to 5 and from 1 to 10. thanks
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-18-2008 at 01:54 PM.

No, this not my first ski, had a 05 rxp for 3 years and only lost one race with it. Down here in Corpus Christi you don't see vary many modded skis, a few but not many. I agree he has to have more than a ride plate, but after talking to him, he didn't seem to know much about skis. He gamed me pertty good. Now I got purpose, I will BEAT THAT SKI. My son has a Ultra 250 and I beat it easily.

Try it again when you have like 15hrs on it. You should be able to walk away from him if he just has a plate he definetly has other mods hes not telling you about.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information