Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Will Riva Stg. I for PX cause overstuffing?

I know its not out yet. But does anyone have any idea? I heard that at about 75mph its overstuffing, and Riva is saying that youll get 74mph. Any ideas I would like to try and avoid the hospital if I can.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    I know its not out yet. But does anyone have any idea? I heard that at about 75mph its overstuffing, and Riva is saying that youll get 74mph. Any ideas I would like to try and avoid the hospital if I can.
    I haven't heard anything about it yet, other than it will exist, but I would guess that it will be a less agressive scoop than stock and that should help with overstuffing.

+1
    The new solas prop they are selling with the stage 1 kit I would think help prevent overstuffing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    No, you wont see over stuffing at those speeds. The couple of instances of overstuffing that we saw were around 77 mph and they were using modified stock grates.

I actually had thought that mod'n the stock grates could possibly have something to do with it. Just doesn't sound right

+1
    They've tested it so if it does then hope that you have all their Stage 1 kit as advertised so the emergency room copay is on Riva. I wonder how long they REALLY had the X models to test with...I'm sure they tested them pretty thoroughly but I'm just wondering if their unreleased Stage 2 kit will require replacing some Stage 1 stuff that you already paid for with something different?

Good point, pain didn't think about that

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    I'm just wondering if their unreleased Stage 2 kit will require replacing some Stage 1 stuff that you already paid for with something different?
    Valves..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    They've tested it so if it does then hope that you have all their Stage 1 kit as advertised so the emergency room copay is on Riva. I wonder how long they REALLY had the X models to test with...suI'm re they tested them pretty thoroughly
    but I'm just wondering if their unreleased Stage 2 kit will require replacing some Stage 1 stuff that you already paid for with something different?
    I have thought about that also. In my opinion I would think the grate stays the same, maybe a different prop, but the rest is just basic mods that would not change. I think they will relocate the ic and include the riva thru hull pipe. Maybe include Pro block offs.
    So in realty, once you have bought the stage 1 then you would just then by the stage 2 parts seperately.

+1
    True - based on their past kits that seems to be the course. There was something you will have to cut out or gut with the next kit so I've read that was leaked out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information