Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question FX Cruiser SHO Seat Comfort

Hello.

I am curious how well the FX Cruiser SHO seat fits riders around 6'. Looking at side pictures of both, SHO and Cruiser SHO, the riding position appears very different. I imagine movement is limited with the Cruiser seat. I am hoping the ride is a lot less inspired / boring compared to the std. FX SHO. I have never riden a Cruiser model before since they are not very common in my area.

I am leaning towards purchasing the silver FX Cruiser SHO since it has the identical engine, but will probably be more comfortable for the long haul. Plus it has a few extra features.

Does the added price steer people away from the FX Cruiser SHO or does overly stable styling cause the FX SHO to win over?

I'm "around" 6 feet tall - 5-11 to be exact, and I think the FX HO Cruiser seat is the most comfortable made - period.

The raised part behind the driver is soft enough that if I feel the need to stretch out and sit on it, I can and it's not uncomfortable doing so. The raised portion doesnt provide any back support, although it does keep you from sliding back in mild stuff where you're not standing yet. The regular FX HO seat is kinda hard compared to the Cruiser seat.

But to each his own - I love the cruiser seat and if I ever decided to buy an SHO non-cruiser, I'd buy the seat separately.

As for the difference in the bells and whistles between the two - not much but I like them enough to go for the cruiser instead of the regular one.

What I don't like about the SHO so far - the red color. Haven't seen the silver one but I am very partial to the yamaha blue one so with that said, I probably won't buy an SHO until they come out with the blue one...in the meantime, I'll ride what I got...

enjoy,

Ray

+1
    Im 6'1" and i have to say that the SHO Cruiser seat is by far the most comfortable seat i have ever sat on. Riding position was real good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Im 6'1" and i have to say that the SHO Cruiser seat is by far the most comfortable seat i have ever sat on. Riding position was real good for me.
    I'm only 5'9" and I'm not comfortable on the SHO Cruiser seat. I feel like I'm being 'pushed' too close to the handle bars.
    In what position have you set your bars please 'Mr Hulk'?
    I do like them set so I can keep an eye on the instuments, so perhaps being a short a55 because they are low and so closer to me that's the problem.

Sitting back on the hump is uncomfortable, and behind it is too. The 'family jewel's don't like it.

Thought I may pick up a used HO standard seat, but they dont fit. Kev FX160 and I tried this last weekend.

cruiser seat

i have a fx cruiser and i have to say that it is very comfortable although i never really sit down when i do i can see why it is called a "cruiser" seat

+1
    Fits like a glove and I am 5'8. The one thing that struck me when I jumped from my RXP to the SHO was how soft the seat felt. Like nesting your head between some real tits D-Cup baby..........

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    Fits like a glove and I am 5'8. The one thing that struck me when I jumped from my RXP to the SHO was how soft the seat felt. Like nesting your head between some real tits D-Cup baby..........
    Yeah, it's soft, but I feel too close to the handle bars.
    Where do you have yours set? And wherever that is are you able to watch the dash instruments etc?

Of course I can't speak for the SHO, but I figure the hull differences between the HO and SHO are minimal so here's my 2 cents...

When standing in rought stuff, I raise my bars all the way up - that's one of the things I like about the HO - it's adjustable steering. When sitting, I usually set the bars midway, occasionally all the way down but in that position, I do feel like they're too close for my taste. But that's why the bars are adjustable - so you can adjust them to YOUR taste.

As for being able to read the guages, I rarely look at them unless I'm sitting down at idle or just happen to be WOT in a patch of glass water (very rare here in Okinawa). To be honest, the guages provide very little information that must be looked at often.

The wife said if I sell my ski's, I have to ask her permission to buy another. I laughed and said OK, we'll discuss the + and - of buying another ski before I buy. But to flat out not ever ride again cause she said no?

I had to laugh...she didn't think it was funny but I did...

I am 6"2 and I reckon the SHO cruiser seat is absolutely great...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by the gos View Post
    Yeah, it's soft, but I feel too close to the handle bars.
    Where do you have yours set? And wherever that is are you able to watch the dash instruments etc?
    I set mine 1 notch above the lowest setting, that way my arms and legs are fully stretched out and the instrumentation is clearly visable. I went out on Tuesday and fiddled with the handle bar settings put on the cruise and was in hog heaven. If I was buying another ski it would be the same one......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information