+1

X style Bar riser on an 04 RXP?

Has anyone tried to mount the 08 X bar riser on a 04 RXP? IS the steering shaft the same?

Looking to switch to the 08 style, not sure that the switches can be done though

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
    Has anyone tried to mount the 08 X bar riser on a 04 RXP? IS the steering shaft the same?

Looking to switch to the 08 style, not sure that the switches can be done though
    Whole steering setup is different. Very similar to the UMI steering.

+1
    Not to be an ass about this but what do you think, the first P/T-X have been delivered and who has the time to switch out steering systems if they have one. If I had one I would not be switching parts out to see if they work on the non X models, I would riding the shit out it. That is just my opinion, maybe one of the Canadians members have tried since they still have snow.

+1

I read somewhere here where they were going to order the X stering system for the rxp,s. I will definitely look at the price for the X setup compared the the umi. I want to upgrade my rxp so bad after riding the X.
    To me the rxp feels dangerous now. The over all fill of control is there with these setups. A good comparison would be a late 60,s muscle car to 2008 sports car. Just got to see for yourself.
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-18-2008 at 11:34 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I read somewhere here where they were going to order the X stering system for the rxp,s. I will definitely look at the price for the X setup compared the the umi. I want to upgrade my rxp so bad after riding the X.
    To me the rxp feels dangerous now. The over all fill of control is there with these setups.
    I bet its pricey. UMI setup was the best thing I ever did to my old Ultra. Aside from the Shredmaster.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Not to be an ass about this but what do you think, the first P/T-X have been delivered and who has the time to switch out steering systems if they have one. If I had one I would not be switching parts out to see if they work on the non X models, I would riding the shit out it. That is just my opinion, maybe one of the Canadians members have tried since they still have snow.

Was asking if an 08 fits an 04, would like to go to the dealer and buy the setup.

Was asking if the 04 (since Iv'e never had it apart yet) steering column is the same and if the 08 bar riser would bolt onto it.

I'd like to know the same thing b/c I'm sure when I ride an x I'll be looking for change my 04 steering over to either 08 style or umi.

Let us know if you price it out! Thanks!

I'm curious as well....

+1
    Was asking if an 08 fits an 04, would like to go to the dealer and buy the setup.

Was asking if the 04 (since Iv'e never had it apart yet) steering column is the same and if the 08 bar riser would bolt onto it.
    All the steering bits are different! With the X setup every bit of the old steering setup is removed and replaced. All of it!! It is basically a full UMI setup. I really dont see why it wouldnt cross fron an 08 to an 04.

Thread Information