Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    snowrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ray Twp, Michigan
    Posts
    474
    +1
    2

    X style Bar riser on an 04 RXP?

    Has anyone tried to mount the 08 X bar riser on a 04 RXP? IS the steering shaft the same?

    Looking to switch to the 08 style, not sure that the switches can be done though


  2. #2
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
    Has anyone tried to mount the 08 X bar riser on a 04 RXP? IS the steering shaft the same?

    Looking to switch to the 08 style, not sure that the switches can be done though
    Whole steering setup is different. Very similar to the UMI steering.

  3. #3
    cbrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Around Lake Travis
    Posts
    1,374
    +1
    1
    Not to be an ass about this but what do you think, the first P/T-X have been delivered and who has the time to switch out steering systems if they have one. If I had one I would not be switching parts out to see if they work on the non X models, I would riding the shit out it. That is just my opinion, maybe one of the Canadians members have tried since they still have snow.

  4. #4
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
    Has anyone tried to mount the 08 X bar riser on a 04 RXP? IS the steering shaft the same?

    Looking to switch to the 08 style, not sure that the switches can be done though
    I read somewhere here where they were going to order the X stering system for the rxp,s. I will definitely look at the price for the X setup compared the the umi. I want to upgrade my rxp so bad after riding the X.
    To me the rxp feels dangerous now. The over all fill of control is there with these setups. A good comparison would be a late 60,s muscle car to 2008 sports car. Just got to see for yourself.
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-18-2008 at 11:34 PM.

  5. #5
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I read somewhere here where they were going to order the X stering system for the rxp,s. I will definitely look at the price for the X setup compared the the umi. I want to upgrade my rxp so bad after riding the X.
    To me the rxp feels dangerous now. The over all fill of control is there with these setups.
    I bet its pricey. UMI setup was the best thing I ever did to my old Ultra. Aside from the Shredmaster.

  6. #6
    snowrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ray Twp, Michigan
    Posts
    474
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Not to be an ass about this but what do you think, the first P/T-X have been delivered and who has the time to switch out steering systems if they have one. If I had one I would not be switching parts out to see if they work on the non X models, I would riding the shit out it. That is just my opinion, maybe one of the Canadians members have tried since they still have snow.

    Was asking if an 08 fits an 04, would like to go to the dealer and buy the setup.

    Was asking if the 04 (since Iv'e never had it apart yet) steering column is the same and if the 08 bar riser would bolt onto it.

  7. #7
    kp04rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pipersville, PA
    Posts
    826
    I'd like to know the same thing b/c I'm sure when I ride an x I'll be looking for change my 04 steering over to either 08 style or umi.

    Let us know if you price it out! Thanks!

  8. #8
    Brian bconwayls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    402
    I'm curious as well....

  9. #9
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
    Was asking if an 08 fits an 04, would like to go to the dealer and buy the setup.

    Was asking if the 04 (since Iv'e never had it apart yet) steering column is the same and if the 08 bar riser would bolt onto it.
    All the steering bits are different! With the X setup every bit of the old steering setup is removed and replaced. All of it!! It is basically a full UMI setup. I really dont see why it wouldnt cross fron an 08 to an 04.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 4" Kanaflex install on an 04 RXP
    By canuck in forum Sea Doo Build Threads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 04:57 AM
  2. WTB a lid to the front storage compartment on an 04 RXP
    By jekvall in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 07:41 AM
  3. '08 exhaust on an '04-'07 RXP
    By RXP-REX in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 10:28 PM
  4. Advantage of 05 sponsons on an 04 RXP?
    By snowrunner in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM
  5. What is an 04 RXP worth on the open market?
    By theantiRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •