Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar

Riva Stage II+ Numbers For anyone Interested:

So needless to say I think she's giving me all she's got at this point...but first a really brief history...

I got the ski in February with 35ish hours on it as a very minimally used 04 from a private buyer. Seemed to be a great guy but not real knowledgeable with skis so maintenance was done but it was only the basics...

First run straight from him was a 66.9 with half a tank in 50 degree air. I was way disappointed...

Changed the plugs, changed the wear ring and filled the rideplate holes and it proceeded to clip off regular 69.2-69.9's low on gas in the same conditions. This was better...

Installed a Riva Stage I plus thermostat kit...On the stock prop best speeds were 72.2-72.4 at 8150 rpms. Added a Solas 14/19 tweaked by PPG (14 1/4 - 19 1/2) and it turned 8050 at 72.6. Jerry tweaked the Solas and then it went 72.9 with a full tank (porpoised badly under half a tank) and I was happy.

Went to the Riva Stage II kit plus the thermostat and the high flow hood. With the out of the box Solas 15/20R speeds were in the 74 range with half a tank with a peak of 75.1 at 7850 rpms...Jerry rushed my prop back to me with his touch from last weekend and I took it out today...

Conditions:
    95-96 degrees
    82 degree water
    50'+/- elevation
    40% humidity
    30" baro
    D.A. (Density Altitude) = 2500' +/- (translates into not great conditions)

Me = 6' 235lbs (wet with wet shoes, trunks and vest on)...

Only other mods to ski are the rideplate holes, Rotax thru hull instead of Riva, PE Opas blockoffs, Denso plugs, full UMI steering, RR motor mount and 4" dual inline fans mounted in the former intake tract...

Speeds are measured with Garmin Etrex mounted to handlebars...I am slightly apprehensive to post them as they seem to high but I know they were not spikes...These are upriver / downriver averages. Current averaged out to be right at 1mph...

Full of gas: Sitting as far back on ski as possible = 75.1mph @ 8100 rpms
    Superman = 75.6 @ 8100 rpms

3 bars of gas showing: Sitting as far back = 75.8mph
    Superman = 76.4mph

I backed this up with several additional runs ranging in the 76.2-76.4 range held for at least a 1/4 mile (would have been longer but oncoming rough water meant I had to abrt the superman... ). Water conditions were minimal wind ripple to nearly flat...

In cooler conditions I think it'll squeak 77 and can only imagine what it might do with skegs if they live up to their billing...

Something else of interest. I see no heat fade at all. The full of gas runs were with a fresh cool motor and the near empty runs were after cranking all day and coming fresh off a 9-10 mile high speed run to try and find some smooth water so I could superman (very, very minimal cooldown)...

I should also add...best speeds were with trim 1 click above flat for the low gas testing and 2 bars up for the full of gas testing... I found it easiest to avoid any porpoising to get into superman position with it 1 bar below neutral and then click it up 1 above neutral and away I went.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i believe it! nice job buddy... seems jerry really got that prop in the perfect spot for you and the combination is working perfect... i bet if u came up here in NY, ur ski might be running faster than Brendan's Stage 2 was @ 77+ mph

AWESOME results in your conditions!! nice bang for the buck there i'd say.

now just slap in a RR ECU, RR SC impeller, injectors and u'll be at 80 mph

+1
    Great results Chris. Glad my prop tweak worked out for you. There is no reason that any stage 2 RXP shouldn't run 75-76. If they aren't they need to have the prop tweaked.

Shibby is right. New RR SC imp, 42lb injectors and race ECU will get you 80+ mph

Chris, that is awsome! sounds like you found the right combo for your ski!... ...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Shibby is right. New RR SC imp, 42lb injectors and race ECU will get you 80+ mph
    Damn you people and your temptations...

+1
    Good numbers man! That's great for the summer heat.

Now I gotta figure out my setup. I have all the stuff that Shib and Jerry say should get you to 80 MPH and I am only doing 73 MPH with it...

How do you have your air intake setup? I think that's a big problem on mine. At least I hope that's what it is.

Mine is the un-modified Riva CAI (with the exception that the crankcase vent opening is plugged and the crankcase vents into a 1qt catch can/breather in the nose)...

I have a few extra holes in the front bucket but nothing really special and the Riva high flow hood vents directly onto the air filter area. It's not attached to it but dumps out right at it...

+1
    So does the K&N filter go in the High Flow hood tube or is it just underneath it? Trying to picture it.

My high flow hood tube is zip tied to my UMI steering arm under the glove box and it essentiall opens up just in front of the K&N...It's not actually on it but the fresh air from the Riva hood effectively "dumps" out onto the K&N attached to the Riva kit...

If I can figure out how to snap a picture in there that makes sense I will next time I'm in there...

Re: Riva Stage II+ Numbers For anyone Interested:

Full of gas: Sitting as far back on ski as possible = 75.1mph @ 8100 rpms
    Superman = 75.6 @ 8100 rpms

3 bars of gas showing: Sitting as far back = 75.8mph
    Superman = 76.4mph

[/quote]

WOW!!! bro those are very good numbers for a ski running in 95 deg air CONGRATS!!! we know first hand how hard is to break into the 75 MPH zone with a stage II RXP in this kind of weather.

my buddie stage II RXP is doing 76-77 MPH @ 8450 rpm's with a repitched and blueprinted Impros 14/20 with a RR ECU, RR SC impeller and 42's injectors i wonder how much more speed we can squeeze with a tweaked 15/20R like yours humm.....

Jerry, our out of the box 15/20R is going your way this week, thanks for all your help

Ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information