Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What things if any have you sold on Craigslist

Reason I ask is over the past few weeks we have been trying to elimnate some things from our house in preperation of selling the house. Well we have things we just did not know how to get rid of. Most of the stuff we thought we would have to pay someone to remove.

The list of things I have sold in the past few weeks and I did not think someone would buy are.

Rocks-from the front year. We wanted them out so we could put down plants. Hot item--crazy requests in first 15 minutes( I even checked my listing to make sure i did not advertise Crack Rocks.

Weight Bench- As advertised old ripped and a bit rusted( this was another hot item)

Old computer speakers

Broken vacum- yes I advertised it as broken, just wanted to see if someone would buy it.

Boogie Board Wake Board and Knee Board- hated to do this, but had no room.

Breast Pump-no not mine, we just had a boy..another hot item..

Pair of old beaten(but still comfortable) Doc Martins

just wanted to see if anyone else used craigslist and what items you might have bought or sold. I am amazed at how many people look on that site...

Jim

Banned User
    +1
    Sold my Jeep Wrangler...
    Sold an old set of rims...
    Sold an old 2.8L V6 engine block that was 15 years old...
    Sold my friend's 97 XP...

When my sister moved to Dallas, they had TONS of leftover boxes, over 120 in different sizes...Her husband put them under FREE, all gone in 2 hours...

I've bought a lot of things off it too...

Trying to sell a car on there now, so far nothing but A-holes that don't show up but I guess you will get that anywhere. Going to put a fridge on there soon.

Bought a 99 Blazer from there last week.

+1
    Hey Ken, I'll buy your car... I'll have my shipper come buy and pick it up. He'll bring a bank check for the amount of the car plus 10k... Keep a couple thousand for yourself and give my shipper 8k cash with the car...

That seems like the type of responses I get when selling stuff..

When I see ski stuff on there it is usually either VERY over priced or beat to crap and very over priced...

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Craigslist is phenominal....I am a junkie for sure. Before I buy new, i check CL for most things i can accept as used, or alot of times even find new. One man's junk is another's treasure. My most recent find was 20" Factory rims for my '04 F150 as mine came with 17" and factory 20"s weren't out in '04 - $400 I paid and they are brand spankin new. Also just gotta find the right seller/buyer. Patience is key, shop before you need.

In my area is it huge (well it was born here) everything you can think of buy/sell/give away/get free. My list is huge from kids outdoor slides/swings/climbers stuff to lawn tractors, vehicles, trailers, wheels tires, tools, on and on. Support it, you can save and make good dough and help others with free stuff. It is totally dependent on popularity in your area. Everyone I have met has been cool - everyone. But look out on electronic stuff, meet you in public area and rob your ass @ gunpoint.

I have sold a camper ($5000) and a wood lathe set up ($2500) both with no issues. Both buyers came from over 4 hours away. I think that CL is great. it really opens the market up to include a much larger area.

Plus, I like the fact that it's free!!

+1
    I have sold a car, 2 skis, trailers, pool table, dinning room table, couch, futon, night tables, coffee tables, lamps,patio stuff, they will buy it all, just do what i do every 3 days relist it and it will bring the item to the top of the page

I bought 3 Jetski's and 2 trailers but never tried to sell

I think I'm going to list some junk I have!

I hate listing on ebay because of the fees even if the item doesn't sell, that and I hate shipping items....it's such a pain in the ass

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    I think I'm going to list some junk I have!

I hate listing on ebay because of the fees even if the item doesn't sell, that and I hate shipping items....it's such a pain in the ass
    Thats why CL is so easy. You can list something in less than 5 minutes and there is no fee's and you will be amazed at how many people are interested...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information