Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

I need help understanding some Paypal things PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys, so I told my mom how much I have in the paypal account, and she checked.. and got a bank statement and nothing is showing from the paypal account to the bank..

How does paypal work, I'm now confused and so it my mother.

Can you guys please tell me some info on this!!

thanks

-Hall

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    Hi guys, so I told my mom how much I have in the paypal account, and she checked.. and got a bank statement and nothing is showing from the paypal account to the bank..

thanks

-Hall
    you need to transfer the funds from your paypal account to the bank account in order for them to show up on your bank account

Banned User
    +1

thanks

-Hall
    Unless you transferred money, it won't show....Your paypal account and bank account are 2 separate things...remember that. I consider my paypal account like my off-shore Swiss account

Once you go past $500 (unless its changed) in transactions in a 12 month period, paypal has you list bank info (checking or savings)...You pay for things as normal, using the paypal account just like a debit card...

If at any time the amount you are paying for something exceeds your current balance in the account, paypal will pull the remaining funds from the account you specify (checking/savings/charge card/etc.)...Like if your balance is $50 and you order $500 from Jerry's store...

When you decide to "transfer" amounts from paypal to the bank, it takes a few days for the electronic transfer to occur, and shows up as a deposit...

If you request a physical check, they will send you one for a small fee...takes a few days.

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    When you set up your account you should have listed a bank account along with a back-up account ususally a credit card. You have to manually make a withdrawl and select your bank account top send it to. Usually takes about 3-5 days to get your $$$. When you signed up you had to verify your bank account with deposits they made into your account, that should be the one you would use.
    I use it daily.
    Hope this helps.
    BigM

+1
    yeah, so I remember putting the bank number and setting that up..

so Basically, if I wanted all my paypal money into my bank account, I'd have to transfer it from there to my bank account right? I think my mom thinks it automatically just goes into the account, but if it did, I just thought of this, if it went straight into that account, it would show how much money is in that account at the bank?

Banned User
    +1
    yeah, so I remember putting the bank number and setting that up..

so Basically, if I wanted all my paypal money into my bank account, I'd have to transfer it from there to my bank account right? CORRECT I think my mom thinks it automatically just goes into the account NO, it does not, but if it did, I just thought of this, if it went straight into that account, it would show how much money is in that account at the bank? NO, because they are 2 separate items

Think of it as 2 checking accounts, at 2 banks...Your money will not leave your account until you tell it to...

Or in Hallpass terms, you got 2 bathrooms in your house and 1 roll of toilet paper...That roll of TP is in the bathroom you use, and if you want to use the other bathroom, you have to put the TP in there!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Think of it as 2 checking accounts, at 2 banks...Your money will not leave your account until you tell it to...

Or in Hallpass terms, you got 2 bathrooms in your house and 1 roll of toilet paper...That roll of TP is in the bathroom you use, and if you want to use the other bathroom, you have to put the TP in there!
    got it

you have to have a certain amount of money in your paypal to be able to transfer it into the bank account....

if your trying to get 100 bucks outta paypal into the bank account its not gonna happen... SELL MORE STUFF

+1
    I am going to warn everyone of paypal. I will never use them again they screwded me out of 800. I sold an item to someone, they used a credit card to pay for it over paypal. Once I told them I shipped the item they cancel payment. After paypal reviewed the transaction they told me I was wrong and tried to cheat them!!! I can't believe that they are able to harbor and defend people who who are out there stealing things from honest people!!!

Sorry for going off topic but I try and warn as many people of this as I can.

Hallpass give me your paypal info and I will look into this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information