Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamalube an yamalube 2R

Can i mixed these two it all my local dealer have left?

+1
    The 2R is a semi-synthetic, which means its a mixture of petroleum base & synthetic. If there were any two oils that may mix being one is petroleum & the other is semi-synthetic, these two may be o.k. together. I don't know for sure, just my opinion. I do know that 2R is very good stuff & thats what I have used for 175hrs in my 97 & the compression is still right on target. Maybe some others will chime in that are oil experts.

+1

Exclamation FACTS over Petroleum Grade and Synthetic two-stroke Oils

REFINED PETROLEUM TWO STROKE OILS

Conventional Two-Stroke oils - the oils most people are familiar with - are refined from crude oil. Refining is a process of physically separating light oil components from heavy ones.

Crude oil contains millions of different kinds of molecules. Many are similar in weight but different in structure. The refining process cannot distinguish such molecules, so a wide assortment of molecules is present in the finished lubricant made from crude oil stocks and contain lots of carbon. During the combustion process some of this carbon will be deposited on the piston top and powervalves assemblies of two-stroke enignes.

Some two-stroke crude oil molecules are not beneficial to the lubrication process. For example, paraffin [wax] causes refined lubricants to thicken and flow poorly in cold temperatures. Molecules containing sulfur, carbon, nitrogen and other elements invite the formation of sludge and other products of lubricant breakdown, especially in high-temperature applications. Sludge and carbon cause breakdown on products & significantly increase wear rates.

The assorted molecules of refined lubricants also have different shapes, making lubricant surfaces irregular at the molecular level. As lubricant layers flow across one another during the lubrication process, these irregularities create friction, which consumes power, reduces efficiency and increases heat and wear.

"The main advantage of mineral oils is their low cost. The main limitation of mineral oils is that…the lubricant-sized molecules have a variety of structures ranging from the best to the worst (in terms of wear control)." - A. Jackson, Mechanical Engineering Transactions

SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

Synthetic lubricants are chemically engineered from pure chemicals rather than refined from crude oil. That gives them significant advantages over refined oils.

Pure - The feedstocks from which synthetic lubricants are made do not contain sulfur, have less carbon, nitrogen or other elements that invite the formation of sludge and other products of lubricant breakdown. Synthetic lubricants can be used in higher temperatures than refined lubricants without breaking down. Their resistance to breakdown also allows them to be used longer than refined lubricants can be used. Lubricated systems stay cleaner and last longer with synthetic lubricants.

Synthetic lubricants differ from refined oil in three key ways: synthetics are pure, their molecular structure is uniform, and they may be designed to work in applications in which refined oils cannot.

Uniform - The feedstocks from which synthetic lubricants are made feature uniform and smooth molecular structures, which ensures low friction as lubricant layers slide across one another. Reduced friction increases energy through-put for greater fuel efficiency and power and reduces heat and wear for longer equipment life.

Molecular uniformity also helps synthetics resist thinning in heat and thickening in cold, which helps them protect better than refined oils over a system's operating temperature range and helps ensure secure sealing.

"Field experience has shown that synthetics can give economic benefits when used in place of mineral oils which were working satisfactorily. The benefits fall in five general areas:

Improved energy efficiency
    Wider operating temperature range
    Increased design ratings
    Reduced maintenance
    Better reliability and safer operation
    Reduced carbon buildup on Powervalve applications

Designable - Many different kinds of feedstock may be used to create synthetic lubricants, allowing a synthetic to be designed for virtually any application. Some feedstocks are ideal for use in extremely cold environments. Others are perfect for use in extreme heat. Some are extremely safe in applications in which refined lubricants pose a fire or explosion hazard. Refined oils simply do not offer the design flexibility synthetics offer.

The design flexibility of synthetics also allows them to be tailored very specifically to the needs of everyday applications, such as internal combustion engines, commercial equipment, powersports equipment or much industrial machinery. That specificity helps ensure long life and peak power, performance and fuel economy from the lubricated system and long lubricant life.
    Last edited by RX951; 03-20-2008 at 09:33 AM.

+1
    Not that there would be a problem for just that half-tank, but I personally would keep good synthetic oil in the tank for longevity and good lubricity.
    Take care of that motor and that motor will take care of you.

I have yamalube 2w in my oil tank now i know its kinda low so want to top it off with the 2R? My local dealer only have 2R an 2stoke engine oil for outboard motors...which one can i used to top it off with in my oil tank..i do not run premix as of the moment.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanny View Post
    I have yamalube 2w in my oil tank now i know its kinda low so want to top it off with the 2R? My local dealer only have 2R an 2stoke engine oil for outboard motors...which one can i used to top it off with in my oil tank..i do not run premix as of the moment.
    Whatever oil you use, make sure it is safe for an oil injection system. Some oils are not safe for oil injection, since they are very thick. Sorry I do not know about the 2R. It should say on the bottle.

+1
    Both are safe for oil injection

Yamalube 2R
    Meets or exceeds JASO-FC performance standards. Developed for autolube oil-injection systems used on all 2-cycle air and water-cooled petrol engines. YAMALUBE 2-R dramatically reduces visible smoke and carbon deposit build-up on rings,piston, head and exhaust ports and in the exhaust pipe

Yamalube® 2-TCW3 2 CYCLE OIL

Formulated with ashless detergents for maximum performance and minimum ring sticking, piston burning and spark plug fouling. Minimises wear, rust and corrosion. Suitable for oil-injection engines or premix for air or water-cooled engines according to the manufacturer's recommendation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Both are safe for oil injection

Yamalube 2R
    Meets or exceeds JASO-FC performance standards. Developed for autolube oil-injection systems used on all 2-cycle air and water-cooled petrol engines. YAMALUBE 2-R dramatically reduces visible smoke and carbon deposit build-up on rings,piston, head and exhaust ports and in the exhaust pipe.

Yamalube® 2-TCW3 2 CYCLE OIL

Formulated with ashless detergents for maximum performance and minimum ring sticking, piston burning and spark plug fouling. Minimises wear, rust and corrosion. Suitable for oil-injection engines or premix for air or water-cooled engines according to the manufacturer's recommendation.
    Thanks.

Thanks guys

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    sorry, I'm not trying to hijack this thread..

but billie do you type all that stuff out?!!?!

There are a few threads where your posts are twice the size of that one

do you type all that stuff out or do you copy and paste?!

(sorry)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information