Sportster 150 factory wake tower, how to mount speakers?

I have a 2007 Speedster 150 with the factory wake tower. How do I install wake tower speakers?

More specifically, how do I run the wire?

Advice appreciated!

I just did a search on wake tower speakers in google. They have mild to wild in speakers. As for running the wires. I would drill a half inch holes in the tube.And heres the trick. After you drill the holes where you want them. Take a piece of string and a piece of paper towel. Tie the piece of paper towel to the string. Slide the paper towel in the hole and use a shop vac at the other hole. The vacume will suck the string thru the pipe.As for wire I would find a good 14 /4 stranded wire.incased in jacket.Use rubber gromets in the holes you drilled.Another tip is use a unibit for drilling holes it will leave a clean hole. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len View Post
    I just did a search on wake tower speakers in google. They have mild to wild in speakers. As for running the wires. I would drill a half inch holes in the tube.And heres the trick. After you drill the holes where you want them. Take a piece of string and a piece of paper towel. Tie the piece of paper towel to the string. Slide the paper towel in the hole and use a shop vac at the other hole. The vacume will suck the string thru the pipe.As for wire I would find a good 14 /4 stranded wire.incased in jacket.Use rubber gromets in the holes you drilled.Another tip is use a unibit for drilling holes it will leave a clean hole. Hope this helps.
    Thanks!

The question I have is that since the tower is collapsable it isn't a straight shot all the way to the tower, I'd either have to "punch out" at the break and punch back in after the break, or surface mount the wires.

Anyone with a Sportster 150 have wake speakers?

I collapse my wake tower way too often (regularly), so i wouldn't opt for wake tower because of that.

Also i heard a lot of comments about the 150 wake tower being prone to shaking a bit during riding, so if you add in the speaker weight you might end-up with a bad shakinf tower instead of a wake tower...watch out.

Anyway, just my 2 cents (for what it's worth)

Thumbs up Tower speakers

I own an 08 speedster 150 with a waketower and I installed a set of wakeboard speakers. I ran the wires through the outside (have not drilled holes out yet) made e'm tight and they are being held in place with clear zip-ties.. The guage on the wires is very thin and they are clear, unless your looking hard, you won't notice.. Also once in the water, no one can really tell... (no one really cares) Quick, cheap and simple (for now)
    My waketower did shake a little bit at high speeds 40mph of more with heavy wake, but the crazy thing is that the weight of the tower speakers actually added some weight to the top of the tower and now there is little or no tower shaking...

i want to put speaker on my tower but it crack before was change on waranty
    now i am afraid of puting more stress on it. let me know .and some picture

Quote Originally Posted by chico1 View Post
    My waketower did shake a little bit at high speeds 40mph of more with heavy wake, but the crazy thing is that the weight of the tower speakers actually added some weight to the top of the tower and now there is little or no tower shaking...
    I noticed that too. When I have two wakeboards in my holder on the tower the tower shakes way less.

What Speaker Do You Put

Thread Information