Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ft Myers FL

Waited 6 months for SHO...what now?

Now I have a dilema, Ive had my SHO on order for 6 months, both my existing FXHO's an 07 & an 04 both are up on hours (cause I use them regularly) I havent tried the new FXHO with the lightweight hull jet, dont fancy the Sea Doo range, like the Ultra 250 but on a run around the barrier islands (I live in Ft Myers SW Florida) I would be scared to run out of gas a couple of times on a day trip (one that my existing FX's can do & still leave me with a quarter of a tank.) So, Im tempted to leave my order in for the SHO when it is finally released (then I think the used value will bomb due to all the bad press) & trade the 04 for an 08 HO with the new hull. OPINIONS PLEASE.
    Has anyone locally got an Ultra 250 I could try? CONFUSED FROM SW FLORIDA!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by doublerkid View Post
    Now I have a dilema, Ive had my SHO on order for 6 months, both my existing FXHO's an 07 & an 04 both are up on hours (cause I use them regularly) I havent tried the new FXHO with the lightweight hull jet, dont fancy the Sea Doo range, like the Ultra 250 but on a run around the barrier islands (I live in Ft Myers SW Florida) I would be scared to run out of gas a couple of times on a day trip (one that my existing FX's can do & still leave me with a quarter of a tank.) So, Im tempted to leave my order in for the SHO when it is finally released (then I think the used value will bomb due to all the bad press) & trade the 04 for an 08 HO with the new hull. OPINIONS PLEASE.
    The ultra will use way too much fuel if you are used to an fxho
    the ultra lx (with the 15f motor) uses way more fuel than an fxho and it has the same hp
    it is just the hull it may handle the chop well but it is too hard to push through the water, that soaks up hp and fuel

kev

If fuel is your biggest concern, go with the HO. The sho will not be that much better on fuel than the other supercharged skis. Depends how you ride.

How many miles you ride in a day?

+1
    im from naples. have been riding around ft myers beach last week with my 250. i might head down there this weekend. pm me if your going to be riding in myers. this weekend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by doublerkid View Post
    If you have ski's then wait it out. The value is not going to plumet. Has the value of Sea doos plummeted from exploding washers & delaminating hulls? The Kawi had a truckload of issues & Kawi just ignored half of them & they are still selling. If you have ski's I would stick it out. I sold my ski & have nothing, so I have a decision to make on whether to get an HO Or SHO. But if I would not have sold my SKI, I would have been hapily waiting. JMO....

Jim

sun sports has a silver sho cruiser on the floor as of yesterday.

Ft Myers FL
    Thanks for your replies & interests, I regulary do 100-120 mile trips around the barrier islands so fuel consumption is a prime concern as I tend to be a cruiser not really an all out blaster. I actually drove over to Riva today & traded out my 04 for a new/old stock 07 FXHO Cruiser for what I consider an excellent deal being $1500 better than my local dealer & including a 5 year Yamaha warranty. I will leave the red SHO Cruiser on order with Riva & trade in my existing 07 FX HO when the time comes. In the meantime if someone wants to exchange an excellent FX HO Cruiser seat for $400 and give me their existing seat I am open to offers.

Plus is there any riding buddies out there near FT Myers that fancy a Sunday exploritory tour of the islands & backwaters
    e mail me direct on [email protected]

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    sun sports has a silver sho cruiser on the floor as of yesterday.
    yup i saw it today its still there, they say they are $13,500

I would go FXHO if your wanting to stay Yamaha...I like the RXT if your wanting a 3 seater or maybe the RXP 155...

waited six months whats 2 more
    i wait

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information