+1

greenbox in a RXT/GTS SC

i ordered a greenbox , now just waiting.
    can i cut the hole with the RIVA template,
    before i have the greenbox to double check placement??
    this is a 2003 GTX SC.
    i think it will be ok becuase i have extra wiggle room becuase of the extra long coupler i will need to use???
    from the pics i see the exit of the box has a downward angle, i assume this lines up with the angle of the hull and thru hull fitting.
    any issues with the downward angle and the extra distance because its a gtx SC and not a RXP?
    do i need to move the thru hull lower to line everythnig up???

+1
    ttt

So Lextoy, did you pull both mufflers, resonators and exhaust tubing out already? Was there a way to eliminate the starboard muffler & resonator while keeping the port muffler & resonator, and still use the factory thru hull location? Or was there a way to use the greenbox to do the same thing? I'd like to eliminate the starboard muffler & resonator and put in an XS intercooler & green wheel. I've seen references to PPG's powerpipe, but not specifically for an '03 GTX SC... Ron

So....did you pull both mufflers, resonators and exhaust tubing out already? Was there a way to eliminate the starboard muffler & resonator while keeping the port muffler & resonator, and still use the factory thru hull location? Or was there a way to use the greenbox to do the same thing? I'd like to eliminate the starboard muffler & resonator and put in an XS intercooler & green wheel. I've seen references to PPG's powerpipe, but not specifically for an '03 GTX SC...
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    i ordered a greenbox , now just waiting.
    can i cut the hole with the RIVA template,
    before i have the greenbox to double check placement??
    this is a 2003 GTX SC.
    i think it will be ok becuase i have extra wiggle room becuase of the extra long coupler i will need to use???
    from the pics i see the exit of the box has a downward angle, i assume this lines up with the angle of the hull and thru hull fitting.
    any issues with the downward angle and the extra distance because its a gtx SC and not a RXP?
    do i need to move the thru hull lower to line everythnig up???
    Yep, you can go ahead and drill the hole with the riva template. You do not need to move it lower to line up, it will line up just fine. I put mine on an rxt which has the same hull as the gtx.

+1
    Im assuming that OPAS is removed, correct... if so then yeah i would say go for it.

I tried to keep OPAS at first, found to plenty of fiberglass, but it was tight spot due to the boarding step. Made my hole offset just a bit...but in the end, my hole wasn't postitioned right for the OPAS(too low) so Opas went...Fyi, those bars shift a bit and change height when you turn the wheel.

I guess what im saying is with out opas in the way its almost hard to mess up the hole location, and you shouldnt have any problems where you put it.(within reason)

+1
    thx guys
    i am pulling out opas and getting all the old exhaust guts out of the old 2003.

+1
    king,
    you have several options, you can remove ALL exhaust components, remove opas, and get a rear exhaust tip and put in the greenbox, that is what i am doing now.
    you can also just remove the starboard exhaust waterbox and resonator, and remove the resonator over the engine (on the port side).
    then theres a bypass tube you can run the exhaust exit hoses to the stock exhaust exit location and keep opas.
    i had that setup for a year, i have a bypass tube and the other blockoff plug you need to do the simpler/cheaper conversion.
    the other parts are available thru greenhulk for the rear exhaust option.
    both conversions are louder and eliminate most or all of the exhaust mess back there!!!
    the simpler conversion does have a resonance at 3500-4500 rpm because it exits in the pump tunnel.
    on the rear exhaust version ther resonance isnt noticeable because itso not confined by the pump tunnel.
    some say the resonance is annoying some say they dont mind it, i didnt think it was bad because i actually never cruised at that rpm, usually was running 4500-5500 or higher sounded fine to me. it was a nice conversion if you want to keep the OPAS and not spend too much.
    PM me if you are interested in my used parts or talk some more about how it goes in , other variables... mainly opas
    alex

Alex, I sent you a PM. Let me know if you have a PayPal account. I don't really care about the noise since I normally ride during the week.... Ron

Thread Information