Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    You mean this one...

-Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carb[1].jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	288.7 KB 
ID:	65985  

+1

I am trying to rejet my Novis and need some guidance. I have a GP1200R that I ride at sealevel. I just got some lightly ported cylinders and ported cases by speedwerx. I am running M-16 reeds, dominator intake, riva f/a, triples, a FP waterbox, and riva heads with 175 psi compression.

Please piont me in the right direction.
    Thanks

+1
    Start with:
    175 mains 1 1/2 turns out
    135 pilot 1 1/2 turns out
    2.3 or 2.5 N/S
    115 springs

It may be rich but give those triples fuel...work on the holeshot and see how it comes off the low speed jets..don't even try to adjust the high speed circuit..work on low speed first, get it cleaned out of the hole then go to high speed.

Once the low speed is set do some wot runs and see what the rpm's are giving you. You may be dead to nuts on it...but try and drown the ski with fuel at first. I know it's a pain with NOVI's to change jets..but it will pay off when it is hitting hard.

If the ski won't even get to rpm's...go down to 170's...if it still is pouring fuel and won't get up, go to a 160. I don't think you'll go that low...depends on how much port timing is in the exhaust. It may want less or more fuel depending on that.

If the ski won't transition from to low to high speed..you will have mess with the pop off..but this setting should be close if not perfect. I have run a 2.0 on 1200 ported before. Raise up the pop-off to get to hit right.

Thanks for the info. I will get to tuning!!!

Did you notice i huge increase in fuel use with these carbs , do they load up in no wake zones. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zx11rider View Post
    Did you notice i huge increase in fuel use with these carbs , do they load up in no wake zones. Thanks
    Yeah they are a little more thirsty then the stock setup but the power gain is worth it. They really feed that motor. Mine loaded up a little, nothing too horrible, jsut blipped the throttle a few times and it was fine. All 2-strokes will load up eventually.

Hey Guys,
    A friend of mine wants to trade me a brand new set of Novi's that have never been used. Its a deal I will never see again. The whole works, everything I need to run them on my craft and all its going to cost me is about $500-$600 in parts. I have a single pipe set up, Group K 1390BB with an Advent CDI and a light flywheel.....do you think I could use the Novi's. I'm under the impression that they only work good with Triples. I been told that the stock carbs are just as good?? Any advise is helpful...Thanks!

Moderated
    Jah

yes you can use them, they are great carbs and i run a set on my 1300 before it was ported and will do the same when the motor goes back together.

as for the price, they are a steal for 5-600 so if i were you i would grab them asap.

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    Jah

yes you can use them, they are great carbs and i run a set on my 1300 before it was ported and will do the same when the motor goes back together.

as for the price, they are a steal for 5-600 so if i were you i would grab them asap.

How do they stack up against the Black Jacks??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information