Lost RPM after installing RIVA Power Filter...help!

Ok, on April 30 I was completely stock. Temperature was 50F with no humidity and I ran a 68.5 mph @ 8100 RPM.

Now I have the RIVA pro-series blockoffs and the RIVA Power Filter installed. Have not installed the Solas 14/19R or pump wedge yet. Temperature was a little above 80F with humidity at around 60 to 70%. My RPM dropped to 8050 and I saw no gain on the top end. One time only I hit 8100 RPM and got 69.4 mph.

I thought I would've gained about 150 RPM and be hitting the limiter. What could cause me to lose RPM after installing the Power Filter?

Thanks

One thing I forgot to mention is that I also installed the RIVA intake grate, and the bolt areas are flush with the ride plate, but it does scoop down a little past the ride plate. But I think that's normal.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    It's that extra 30F of air temperature not to mention the additional water temperature that's eating your rpms...

You can't really do before and afters on parts in dis-similar conditions as that really skews the results.

Yes, it was very hot and humid. The hull was sweating when I put it on the lift and that was at 8 PM. But still, I can't believe I would lose that many RPM from the heat. Last year I was turning 8000 RPM completely stock in 75F with 30 to 40% humidity. So I guess I gained about 50 RPM if any.

My question now becomes: what can I do to get my RPM up more from 8050 before I put the Solas 14/19R on

Thanks

The wedge will help some. But, I also agree, the humidity is as big a factor as the temperature.

Will trimming the reverse bucket bring my RPM up some? I notice that its kinda blocking some water flow from the pump.

Thread Information