Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Set an Ultra150 on fire while you still can

At least I lasted some time before I was going to have to pull my motor. I noticed water builging out of my hull and when I stopped to see what it was I wanted to set it on fire. As much as I can tell I am leaking water into my hull where the cooling rail meets the jugs. Talk about a stupid problem to have!! And to top it off my ski tops out at 52 mph right now. I have cracked fuel lines so I'm feeding air in to my carbs. Oh wait...that's not all... I also have a cracked oil line that is very slowly dropping oil in my hull....that ever so pleasantly mixed with the water being let in and now my bay looks like crap. So as far as I can tell it looks like I'll be pulling the motor and replacing all fuel/oil lines and some of my cooling system.

That sucks But nothing an afternoon of wrenching shouldnt fix. Atleast you didnt look in there and find schrapnell.

Quote Originally Posted by thesepaperwings View Post
    At least I lasted some time before I was going to have to pull my motor. I noticed water builging out of my hull and when I stopped to see what it was I wanted to set it on fire. As much as I can tell I am leaking water into my hull where the cooling rail meets the jugs. Talk about a stupid problem to have!! And to top it off my ski tops out at 52 mph right now. I have cracked fuel lines so I'm feeding air in to my carbs. Oh wait...that's not all... I also have a cracked oil line that is very slowly dropping oil in my hull....that ever so pleasantly mixed with the water being let in and now my bay looks like crap. So as far as I can tell it looks like I'll be pulling the motor and replacing all fuel/oil lines and some of my cooling system.
    It seems like alot.. but you can fix all of that pretty easy... Just remove the exhaust pipe .. Then start with the carbs first all new oil/ fuel lines then go to the other side... only 6 bolts... 3 gaskets then reassemble... Ultras are Cake

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo00busa View Post
    It seems like alot.. but you can fix all of that pretty easy... Just remove the exhaust pipe .. Then start with the carbs first all new oil/ fuel lines then go to the other side... only 6 bolts... 3 gaskets then reassemble... Ultras are Cake
    I have tooth picks for arms, an ultras are not fun to work on. I had to replace the throttle cable an my arms were very cut up. Deffinatly the worst ski iv ever had to work on. But then again possibly one of the best skis out there still.

Did you get this fixed yet?

+1
    Working on it, I have a new cooling rail but won't get to do anything till next week.

oil and fuel lines

What kind of lines are acceptable replacements ? Or should i use stock lines ? The boat i'm fixing to sell has a lot of oil in the hull so I think the leaking lines caused the mess and the failure. Thanks for the help and sorry if I derailed your thread. mike

Those lines are 3mm if that helps you out. They are kind of expensive from kawi. You should be able to find replacement line online or mabe at a local rubber or hose supply.

Thanks Digger.
    Thesepaperwings, i bought a 0 compression on #2 fixer upper thinking 1 cylinder, piston and head and back to the river. Wrong ! 12 ounces of mostly oil and water in the hull. #2 is toast ,the rod wont hardly move on the crank,the cases have a second hole(counting the 1st that was welded and bondo filled) and #1 cylinder is questionable. All 3 pistons need to be changed........ I can sincerely say I feel your pain.Mike

I bought one of those fixer uppers last year, I got lucky and had all the parts. Cracked oil lines killed it. Thought I melted a piston in mine today but turned out to be a broke reed ..... whew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information