Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    250 horses and only one jocky

Question Removal of Driveshaft

Hello, i am currently removing my engine but i am having trouble removing the driveshaft as i am not sure where this Circlip is that you need to remove.....is it under the rubber cover near the PTO housing or is it under the Stainless ring that helps seal against the carbon ring? I was told to use a crowbar but which part do i push back to get to the circlip??

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    yes its under the stainless ring that runs against the carbon ring you need to slide it back to expose the clip It can be a pain but its there!

Quote Originally Posted by Daz RXT View Post
    Hello, i am currently removing my engine but i am having trouble removing the driveshaft as i am not sure where this Circlip is that you need to remove.....is it under the rubber cover near the PTO housing or is it under the Stainless ring that helps seal against the carbon ring? I was told to use a crowbar but which part do i push back to get to the circlip??
    I do belived it's under the stainless steel ring / carbon ring. It would help if you lubricate it. dealing with the circlip is 1 PIA. be carefull when you pull the driveshaft. you have to flip the rubber piece by the PTO so you don't pull the bearing out and disturb the hole set-up. there is 2 o-ring in there. be patient and try to wiggle it out. I'll see if I can dig out some pictures. If your pulling your engine and disturb the alignment, you will need the $100.00 + alignment tool. The best way is to leave the engine mounts undesturb....Good luck. sorry Bro, I remember now...I didn't have a chance to take the pictures of taking the circlip off, for the reason of my 2 hands and right foot and my right cheek was too busy trying to hold the 2X4 blocks, 2 big flat screw driver...yanking....cussing....cursing...and all of the evil above? Then again life will be easier if I just order the right tool at the Green Hulk store. I think Jerry sells it. I was just out of time........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 988.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	650.1 KB 
ID:	63499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 985.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	587.4 KB 
ID:	63500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1156.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	571.1 KB 
ID:	63501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1157.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	593.8 KB 
ID:	63502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1182.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	690.8 KB 
ID:	63503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1159.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	564.0 KB 
ID:	63504  

Last edited by Jammer 1; 03-22-2008 at 03:04 AM.

One more tip leave the pump in. you need to have pressure on the driveshaft or you are just moving the driveshaft back and not the retaining clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimer View Post
    One more tip leave the pump in. you need to have pressure on the driveshaft or you are just moving the driveshaft back and not the retaining clip.
    Good 1, I forgot about that, That was a pain in the bahongas I put a nut inside and put the punp in so it won't move way to go Trimer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Good 1, I forgot about that, That was a pain in the bahongas I put a nut inside and put the punp in so it won't move way to go Trimer!

Whammer you kill me! I can't stop laughing at your posts! You alignment looks to me like you are tilted up front and sunk to the left a little in that picture?

That tool is the way to go! For a 100 clams you save your skin on your hands!

removing driveshaft

I just put mine back together after changing the carbon ring. There is a tool for moving the slide ring to expose the c clip bought it from Gerry. It is pricey but makes the job easy. Made a tool that bolts in using the pump bolt holes to hold the driveshaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Whammer you kill me! I can't stop laughing at your posts! You alignment looks to me like you are tilted up front and sunk to the left a little in that picture?

That tool is the way to go! For a 100 clams you save your skin on your hands!
    Hey,Muddy River, You try to align something after a few beers I couldn't even align my lil'l pecker at the porcelain God I have to clean up my watercolor freehand painting on the wall, the next mornning. But rest asure Muddy River, I am getting better at this. If I have to pee, I have to wait for the perfect timming.....do it out of the house and duel it out in the yard with this pesky "Skunk" that is tormenting me. I come out with zipper down, hold on the massive tool of destruction, (that Bush is looking for.....he forgot to look for it at Green Hulk).......and AIM....Fire away.......with 65 injectors + RUDE Supercharger + etc...etc....etc..... The Skunk went running the other way around.....soaking wet with "Mickey's" recycle beer The skunk has not given up, he came back....sprayed my RXP.....I have an idea. I will put a Green Hulk sticker up his a$$ with my other toy (see picture) shoot 2 birds with 1 stone. I'll get him/her and at the same time advertise "Green Hulk" store.....Guys, We Have to spread the Green Hulk love to keep this website alive.........Yes, I have a few beers as I post this....because I just finnished breaking in and trying the new RXP-X and RXT-X.....OFFSHORE WAY!....The only way to break-in this 2 beast......1 try to eject me......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 942.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	603.0 KB 
ID:	63700  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Hey,Muddy River, You try to align something after a few beers I couldn't even align my lil'l pecker at the porcelain God I have to clean up my watercolor freehand painting on the wall, the next mornning. But rest asure Muddy River, I am getting better at this. If I have to pee, I have to wait for the perfect timming.....do it out of the house and duel it out in the yard with this pesky "Skunk" that is tormenting me. I come out with zipper down, hold on the massive tool of destruction, (that Bush is looking for.....he forgot to look for it at Green Hulk).......and AIM....Fire away.......with 65 injectors + RUDE Supercharger + etc...etc....etc..... The Skunk went running the other way around.....soaking wet with "Mickey's" recycle beer The skunk has not given up, he came back....sprayed my RXP.....I have an idea. I will put a Green Hulk sticker up his a$$ with my other toy (see picture) shoot 2 birds with 1 stone. I'll get him/her and at the same time advertise "Green Hulk" store.....Guys, We Have to spread the Green Hulk love to keep this website alive.........Yes, I have a few beers as I post this....because I just finnished breaking in and trying the new RXP-X and RXT-X.....OFFSHORE WAY!....The only way to break-in this 2 beast
    ......1 try to eject me......
    I know the feeling. The eject button is very sensitive on the X. Which one was it the p or the t.

My body hurts....big time, Neptune decided to turn the Ocean against us on the way home. This short strecht of Santa Barbara is well know for Dramatic changes. I called it the "bermuda triangle".....Mother nature threw everything at us this day......It was a perfect Break-in day.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information