Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good first mods?????

I want to get the riva intake grate, solas 15/22R prop, free flow exhaust, power filter. I just bought the PX is that a good start, anything need to be added?

+1
    Fill the ride plate holes.

Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    I want to get the riva intake grate, solas 15/22R prop, free flow exhaust, power filter. I just bought the PX is that a good start, anything need to be added?
    I heard the 15/22R is designed to be used with the Riva adjustable venturi nozzle more than the stock venturi, but I could be wrong. As far as the free flow exhaust is concerned and the power filter I would wait. Put that money towards Jim's rideplate mod with skegs welded on, Jim says 2~3mph gain top end with better handling. Make your own custom 4" front SC intake, there are many how to's on that subject on this forum. It's cheaper than the powerfilter and gives more performance.

Also talk to some guys that are working with the RXP-X on here right now. Jawz, 9secz06 has a friend with one that they're working on, and many others. Check their posts and talk to them, I'm sure they have some good info since they have direct experience with the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Fill the ride plate holes.
    +1

+1
    I'm thinking that the new nozzle and Solas need to go together. But I have a question to piggy-back on this thread. I'm still waiting on my P-X and have the RE blockoffs, Riva sponsons, ordered the intake grate but going to wait to put it on and I'm getting the free flow exhaust. My question is should I break it in before doing the free flow exhaust or does it really matter?

Me personally I'm going to wait and see how this all pans out in terms of mods/stage kits. I posted a question on the Riva Forum asking about their upcoming Stage II kit. I specifically asked if any pieces of the Stage I kit would need to be replaced and this is the response I got:

"The prop will need to be changed. Other than that all the other parts will be in addition to the Stage I parts. When setting up our Stage Kits we make every effort to "add" to each kit to keep the cost down."

So seadooingfreak I'd think twice about the prop. 1) you might need the nozzle to get the gains you're hoping with the X. 2) if you're planning on getting the Stage II then you're out $299.95 because you'll need a new Solas with that kit so they are saying.

Just my way of thinking...

....I think I might just have to sit back and enjoy the stock PX....I HATE WAITING, NOT VERY patient but I guess you really need that when it comes to modding

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    I'm thinking that the new nozzle and Solas need to go together. But I have a question to piggy-back on this thread. I'm still waiting on my P-X and have the RE blockoffs, Riva sponsons, ordered the intake grate but going to wait to put it on and I'm getting the free flow exhaust. My question is should I break it in before doing the free flow exhaust or does it really matter?

Me personally I'm going to wait and see how this all pans out in terms of mods/stage kits. I posted a question on the Riva Forum asking about their upcoming Stage II kit. I specifically asked if any pieces of the Stage I kit would need to be replaced and this is the response I got:

"The prop will need to be changed. Other than that all the other parts will be in addition to the Stage I parts. When setting up our Stage Kits we make every effort to "add" to each kit to keep the cost down."

So seadooingfreak I'd think twice about the prop. 1) you might need the nozzle to get the gains you're hoping with the X. 2) if you're planning on getting the Stage II then you're out $299.95 because you'll need a new Solas with that kit so they are saying.

Alright then question, higher pitch on a impeller means higher speed (which also means more power to turn it). Putting a smaller diameter nozzle restricts it by focusing the thrust (which give you more top end gain, lil less acceleration)... so why wouldnt the 15/22 work with a wider diameter nozzle?

If im wrong here please fill me in...cause right now im not gettin your logic. thx

IMO, as of right now, it will work fine, maybe not 74mph like riva says, but prolly 72-73. and quite possibly keep that holeshot i keep hearing about..

Fyi, waiting on the grate and prop, and thinking of going free flow, with a custom 4"front air... oh and the F'n SKI!!!!

+1
    I'm with you on the logic of more pitch on the impeller or more water in should require more water out to match or else the imbalance lessens the efficiency (and could be the overstuffing cause). There's gotta be a formula for figuring out the flow of water throughout the powerband to coincide with speed.

Does anyone have the free flow exhaust on their X and care to share their opinion or even have a sound clip?

+1
    Now that would be cool - in the Online Store there's the "larger pic" of the item you're buying and also a "soundclip" of it in action.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    I'm thinking that the new nozzle and Solas need to go together. I agree, i think that the prop, nozzle, and possibly the grate will all need to be run together. I don,t see the prop working with stock nozzle or stock pro for sure not with the pro nozzle. But I have a question to piggy-back on this thread. I'm still waiting on my P-X and have the RE blockoffs, Riva sponsons, ordered the intake grate but going to wait to put it on and I'm getting the free flow exhaust. My question is should I break it in before doing the free flow exhaust or does it really matter? My understanding is there is no gain or loss with the bypass removed. So the only thing would be is if you wanted to know the difference in sound.

"The prop will need to be changed. No surprise there. Other than that all the other parts will be in addition to the Stage I parts. When setting up our Stage Kits we make every effort to "add" to each kit to keep the cost down."

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    Alright then question, higher pitch on a impeller means higher speed (which also means more power to turn it). Putting a smaller diameter nozzle restricts it by focusing the thrust (which give you more top end gain, lil less acceleration)... so why wouldnt the 15/22 work with a wider diameter nozzle? Thats exactly what i want to know.

If im wrong here please fill me in...cause right now im not gettin your logic. thx

IMO, as of right now, it will work fine, maybe not 74mph like riva says, but prolly 72-73. and quite possibly keep that holeshot i keep hearing about..

Fyi, waiting on the grate and prop, and thinking of going free flow, with a custom 4"front air... oh and the F'n SKI!!!!
    I have asked a million times what the stock prop pitch is, and never got a response. That would help us understand the setup much better.
    If any knows the pitch of stock props for both the P and T X skis please chime in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information