Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Need HELP Please!

Ok, as some may know my ex-mechenic is a retard as I have come to know. He did not even know the loose plug next to the battery was for the BUDS connection.

Ok so he just swaped my stock s/c impeller for the Vortec one. Something that cought my attention was that he told me not to take it so hard pushing the boat and made it so clear to me that the impeller was "used". I know it was since I got it from Stickem here on the board.

I do my checkup after going to work today and I found out there was a screw missing from the 9 torx the s/c housing has. I got pissed off as you might think. I tool the intake out to feel the s/c wheel. It was kinda hard. I thought it was supposed to spin freely right?

So I get to the beach and my girl rides it to the island as I was driving the Yamaha. When I take it out for the first spin I immediately noticed that there was no wicked acceleration. The ski would do 50mph but it would not accelerate fast there. I Took out the intake again and the s/c wheel was spinning freely now but it seemed like the s/c was not working. So I take off the glove box compartment to hear the s/c sound and there was NONE! The s/c is not spooling at all.

What do I do? What can it be? Can it be loosing all the boost from that screw that's missing from the s/c housing. I am going to him tomorrow first thing in the morning to see WTF he did to my ski.

Any suggestions.

+1
    Talk nice to Jerry and get him to build it with some of Les's washers.

This guy needs to be pulling weeds somewhere.

You know the old saying fool me once, well you know the rest.

David

+1
    sounds like he messed with the SC clutch side, and changed the pre load, or cracked a ceramic? I had one bolt just vibrate out , and fall into the hull. Sounds like you will need new SC clutches for sure.

Don't ride the ski, don't even start it. !!!!!!!!

If he just worked on your SC, and you say was not too bright. He may have loosened the nut on the clutch end of the supercharger (Holding the shaft with that instead of the shaft key). You can't change the impeler without the clutch wrench. If its loose, the nut could come off and the clutch assembly will fall into the motor!! (not good)
    You say the impeller is spining free, that is not good. The sc impeller should not move by finger pressure.
    Assembly of the SC is critical, not somthing to be messed with by a dumb mechanic.

I just built my SC wit Les's washers and so far so good!! Ski pulls great

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash
    You say the impeller is spining free, that is not good. The sc impeller should not move by finger pressure.
    precisely... ur initial thought that the SC should spin freely is wrong. It should not spin AT ALL when the ski is off when u try to move it with ur finger

find a new mechanic

good grief another SC failure, wtf...this is incredible, all these SC taking a dump

Geo: hope you can find someone to repair that for ya...PR...

+1
    I guess I will wait and see if Jerry chimes in with some details on how much and by when he can have it ready since I have a friend coming to visit from Puerto Rico on June 5 and I know Jerry will be super busy getting his ski dialed in for the Mudbug.

Jerry send me a PM if you can.

The s/c wheel was spinning at the beginning also, but with a slight presure, not too much. So I guess he did mess up something

How should I deal with this guy? I paid him $130 to have this installed! How can I get my money back!!!

+1
    Hey GEO if I can help you just let me know. If Jerry is to busy and cannot get to it. I just put some of Les washers in mine and so far so good. Todd

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd
    Hey GEO if I can help you just let me know. If Jerry is to busy and cannot get to it. I just put some of Les washers in mine and so far so good. Todd

Thanks man !

Thread Information