Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sho recall

+1

sho recall

guys is there a definitive answer to what the recall is on the sho ??

thanks paul

its in another thread

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50601
    this was on the same page that you posted your question ,it took kmy two seconds to find it you lazy so and so
    Last edited by cawky; 03-23-2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: posting the link for the dude

+1
    thanks for link cawky...

now if your not too lazy can you post the right one for this lazy MF..

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    thanks for link cawky...

now if your not too lazy can you post the right one for this lazy MF..
    whooops wrong link ,

this is the one:

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=159987

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cawky View Post
    whooops wrong link ,

this is the one:

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=159987
    thanks cawky.. the reason i asked for definitve was GH 4 smoke guys would know the score, and my dealer is blowing smoke up my arse about there release date saying nobody knows whats wrong with them other than yami,read the various things ppl say thats wrong just wanted to go armed with knowlage from you guys tuesday

+1
    Paul i love my yamaha s but for then to recall it and hold off on a release date really scares me i ve heard so many issue don t know if any are true no one knows.

You would of thought yamaha had enough time to get it right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    thanks cawky.. the reason i asked for definitve was GH 4 smoke guys would know the score, and my dealer is blowing smoke up my arse about there release date saying nobody knows whats wrong with them other than yami,read the various things ppl say thats wrong just wanted to go armed with knowlage from you guys tuesday
    Here is a copy of the letter sent to dealers, it's the latest we have an explains it all.

Re: Confirmed - Yamaha stopping production on SHO until May
    Finally got time to type this up. Full posting:

Dear Yamaha WaveRunner Dealer,

At Yamaha we work hard to insure [sic] that our customers can count on unsurpassed reliability from our products. We pride ourselves on our product reputation and focus our efforts on securing this cornerstone of our business philosophy. As we strive for innovation and revolutionary market ideas, reliability is always our first priority, before market share and before immediate profits.

After producing a very small number of the FX SHO and FX SHO Cruiser, we recognized that the original specification for the tightening of the driveline had to be amended; [sic - no reason for a semicolon] as did the procedure for operating the units out of the water. We have come to the conclusion that the revised procedure for dry running the units may amount to an unreasonable requirement in the view of some of our valued customers. Because of this, we have temporarily suspended production of the SHO models. We have completed a redesign of the affected components and expect to resume production at the beginning of May.

We know you have been anxiously awaiting the first deliveries of the 2008 FX SHO and FX SHO Cruisers and we regret this unfortunate development. But, we are sure you will agree that insuring [sic] that your customers have a Yamaha product that lives up to their expectations is our most important task.

All of this year's production for both SHO models is now scheduled for May and June. As a result of this delay, we will adjust our 2008 model production of this model to assure we do not oversupply your dealership. You will be receiving an updated confirmation letter, with your new allocation in the coming weeks.

We sincerely apologize for the difficulties this may cause your dealership and would appreciate your support as we work through this situation,

Respectfully,

Mark Speaks
    President
    Yamaha WaterCraft

Hope that helps. My dealer has confirmation in writing my ski will be in during the month of May. If you want a SHO & want the free extended warranty deal & the reduced additional years, you have to notify Yamaha by March 31st. Thats what I know...

Jim

Jim. If I read correctly you say YOU typed this up.
    Why would YOU type it up?
    If you had this letter why would you simply not post the original letter itself for all to see?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by the gos View Post
    Jim. If I read correctly you say YOU typed this up.
    Why would YOU type it up?
    If you had this letter why would you simply not post the original letter itself for all to see?
    I copied this from another poster over on PWCtoday. He must not have had a scanner, but my dealer confirmed the letter.

Jim

I was at my dealer today and I asked him about the recall. He said that one of the parts manufacturers sent out a bad batch of parts. He said the first batch of parts were fine and that is why the first SHO's aren't having issues. He said the second batch that was sent had issues and they are waiting for the company to re-make these parts. (What parts I have no idea and I didn't ask.) So my dealer said Yamaha stopped shipping the SHO's b/c of waiting on parts and as soon as the new ones get the the factory...mid to late april is the estimate...then they will replace the parts and ship them out. Mine is supposed to come in in early may...he says. Just what I was told...who's knows if there's any truth in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information