Putting 440 engine into new hull

hey
    i have just brought a new hull for my jet ski because i went over the handle bars on my old one and snaped the pole into 2!!!
    Now the new hull that im going to put the 440 engine in has a blockage in the pipe from the jet that lets the water in to cool the engine... i had been trying for days to get the blockage out and theres no way i can get it out...
    I was wondring how hard it is to drill a new hole to put a new pipe in it??? has anyone dont this before????

also i was wondring weather i could use the hose that lets the water out of the engine as the hose that lets the water into the engine and then instead of having the water go out the jet i could just let it come out a pisser??

ANY HELPS GOOD.. Thanks ASh

+1
    You could use the tube from the bilge system to the pump but not the pump fitting. One is meant to push water through it and one is meant to pull water out of it. You would have to use a hose to run from the cooling fitting to the bilge tube and then on the inside of the ski from the bilge tube, under the cdi, and connect it to the manifold input. You can't run a pisser for the bilge, it needs pressure to run. Just put in a bilge pump like the later skis had and you will be fine.

Yer i think that it would work if i did that... how come that the outlet has to be pressurised... shouldnt it just come out buy its self?? i would swap the pipes around at the pump so when i was going it would push the water into the bidge pipe then i would rin that pipe to the inlet into the engine.. then i could just use a pisser as the water outlet.. that should work shouldnt it???

+1
    Have you seen anything out of the pipe? These are copper pipes (i think, but could be wrong) maybe put a long straight piece of thin clothes hanger into your drill and gp both ways before you give up. Do not got full throttel on teh drill, just get it up to the blockage and work back and fortha nd then blow it with air or water. Wouldnt do this rough treatment except you are alreayd willing to drill and pull new. Maybe try a softer metal snake for drains first.

you probably sucked up a twig or snail

sean

Yerr i have been trying that but i think that i must of put a hole in the pipe and now when i put air in the plastic under the matt blows up a little!!!! so i think i will just have to put in a new line in!!

+1
    Pose the question over at our sister-site as well. Lots of standup folks there....

http://x-h2o.com/

ok thanks everyone for the help...

Thread Information