+1

does the rxp take on water easily??

I"m about to purchase a 06 rxp. I have 2 94xps right now. I've had them upside down, submarried etc and ya they take on some water, but the motors still run like champs. I"ve read that the rxps take on water and it seems the motors imediatly injest the water?? If one of these rolls over it seems your screwed and shouldn't start it??

Can anyone explain this to me better?? I Dont want to have to baby the ski alot in fear it might injest water!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    quite the opposite... the skis take on VERY LITTLE water... and with the stock ventilation system water is kept out of the ski and not directed towards the air intake at all...

i'd say water ingestion is a pretty rare occurence among most of us, and IF it happens, it's usually on a modded ski where we changed the air intake or installed some kind of ram-air foreced induction... or in some cases the carbon seal fails and water gets into the ski before people notice and they just keep on going.

the RXP will take on a fraction of the water that ur XP takes on... and i think the XP is more vulnerable to water ingestion than an RXP is... in my opinion

just go buy the 06 RXP... u'll understand after you ride it the first time :P :P :P

After a full days ride,I never recall seeing anymore than a dribble coming out of the two drainplugs when I unscrew them.I can sub my RXP up the handlebars,so I would say it's pretty damned hard to make it take on water.PS.it is very hard to make this pig dive,lol.

+1
    ya, I figured with the aftermarket intake you could. I think I"ll prolly keep the stock intake for saftey sake, but I really like that riva exhaust after hearing the sound clip!

Thread Information