Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

about to buy 06 rxp, have few questions before I buy

I"m about to buy an 06 rxp to replace one of my 94xp's. I know there bigger and heaver, but how do you guys like the new skis. I love seadoo and have looked at all the other skis, but still feel the rxp is the best. Are you all happy with them? How did it feel coming from older style seadoos if you did? How much trouble if any have you had? Besides oil changes any other maintence to know about!?

+1
    anyone???!?

I am very satisfied with my RXP. I used to ride a 96XP, so I am familiar with the transistion. The RXP is much heavier. The raw power makes up for that IMO. I think most will tell you to remove the OPAS. This does make the ski feel lighter and more playful.

I only have 2 hours on mine so far. I really like it compared to my previous skis (ultra 150, 97 SPX) . The only thing I am trying to get use to is the size compared to the SPX I had, which I loved for ocean riding and jumping. other then that it's great not a single complaint and all 4strokes are going to be pretty large. I am glad I picked the RXP over the GPR. Again since I just only have 2 HOURS on it. I am sure other people on the board can be a much better help.
    Good luck!

with anything you buy there will be happy customers and not so happy customers. ive been riding nothing but seadoos since i was 10 years old and never had any problems until i bought my rxp. i wont bore you with details, it has 70 hours on it and the motor has been pulled three times. it broke last summer for 4 weeks, it broke in the fall and was apart for 4 months, got it back and put 10 hours on it and it broke again, now it will be apart the entire summer.

no doubt these are the fastest ski around, but i comes with a price. having known what i know now i would spared myself the bullsh*t and never bought the thing.

granted, the cause of my problems this time around is due to a shady dealer/brp being gay..never the less, to me its not worth it. brp customer service is non-existant, never has been, never will be. so keep that in mind. i wont buy another ski for a few years. i gotta say when i do, it will deffinatly not be a seadoo. even my dad, who has an rxt, having witnessed my experience first hand, will think twice about it. just my .02

+1
    wow, thats a disharting story.. I too have ridden nothing but seadoos since I was 14. I'm very loyal to them becuase I"ve had my 2 94 seadoos since 94 and only have had minor problems. I getting a new one cause I had a motor blow up, and just dont wanna put any more money in it. I've heard the 4 strokes are reliable, but that story is scary.

watermedic, I plan on the riva pro block offs and there exhuast, that be about all I prolly do to it though!

its not so much the product itself its just the fact that the dealer and brp deliberatly half assed my repair cause they knew i was putting aftermarket parts on. they knew it would break again and when i brought it back they denied warranty coverage cause of my aftermarket parts, just so they can make some money. i dont care how fast or how powerfull the product is, when it breaks you need somebody reliable and knowledgable to fix it. and with brp calling the shots on warranty stuff, thats never going to happen. you gotta find a dealer who will do the right thing no matter what brp says, and i hope i found one

+1
    wow.. I"m sorry to hear that man.. that doens't make much sense that they wouldn't fix it right.. I hope you get it fixed so you can enjoy it. What all parts did you put on it???

it makes a lot of sense from the dealers point of view, they get to charge $95 an hour for a complete rebuild

i put on basically a riva stage 1 with a thru hull exhaust. its very obviously is the same exact problem (and then some) as i had in the winter that they "fixed". im getting it fixed (the right way) and selling it, id rather have a nice car that doesnt break every other week.

btw, ill have some riva parts for sale soon

Block-offs and exhaust would be fine. You can also check out the Race Engineering block-off's and the Rotax Racing exhaust for other options. I paid a little more for the RR exhaust because I wanted metal pipe. Just a personal preferrence.

I'm very happy with my RXP and would buy another if I had to do it over again.

Many folks have had bad experiences with dealers. That is the main reason why I didn't get an extended warranty. The warranty is only as good as the dealer doing the work--IMO. If you happen to be one of the few folks who have a good dealership and a great service department than the warranty is a great deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information