Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top Speed

Top Speed

I put a Riva stage 1 Kit and a exhaust on my 05 RXP. The acceleration is much better. The RPM is up to 8100, I know the speedometer is inaccurate but it has not risen with the mods. Also filled the holes and polished the ride plate. The super charger is stock, I am debating whether to convert to steel washers and a diffrent impeller right away. Is it possible that the ceramic washers are starting to slip. They went out at 46 hours and were replaced now have a 104 hours. Wil I see a diffrence with a diffrent supercharger impeller.

i dont think the speedometer goes above 70 anyways unless you were seeing below that before idk. go get a gps and you will be able to tell

Wait... are you saying you had your ceramic washers blow and replaced them with ceramics???? Or did they start slipping and you had that fixed?? If the ride plate holes were filled prior to your S1 then you may not see too much improvement in overall speed. The impeller and the wedge may add a bit of speed but not incredible mph's. An impeller with injectors, ECU and an XS IC and you will see speed. But before anything do the washers. Not worth the hassel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by divin10 View Post
    I am debating whether to convert to steel washers and a diffrent impeller right away. Is it possible that the ceramic washers are starting to slip. They went out at 46 hours and were replaced now have a 104 hours.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=448

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

+1
    Playing with FIRE! Gotta love to hear the cries after the damage.

top speed

The washers were replaced while under warranty. Is it worth replacing the impeller while replacing the washers and bearings. Will I see a gain

The washers were replaced while under warranty. Is it worth replacing the impeller while replacing the washers and bearings. Will I see a gain
    Replace the ceramics they put back in NOW with metal washers. This is very important. The impeller is no big deal but could be easily upgraded to a Greenwheel at the time you put the metal washers. (I'm assuming you are talking about the supercharger impeller or wheel.) I don't recommend the Riva vortex impeller but the greenwheel should improve acceleration. You are already at 8100 so you don't want any more rpm's. At some point you could change the prop impeller to get some more speed with an upgrade of the green wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Playing with FIRE! Gotta love to hear the cries after the damage.

+1
    I put a Riva stage 1 Kit and a exhaust on my 05 RXP. The acceleration is much better. The RPM is up to 8100,

Your RPMS are right on..8100 is perfect for your ski and setup

. The super charger is stock, I am debating whether to convert to steel washers and a diffrent impeller right away.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!Get them ceramics out ASAP...ZCheck out this poor guy..This just happend to him:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52569

Is it possible that the ceramic washers are starting to slip.

Yes it is very possible...Get them out!!!!!

They went out at 46 hours and were replaced now have a 104 hours. Wil I see a diffrence with a diffrent supercharger impeller.

Yes you will see a big differance mainly in your excelleration..A little bit on top end but mainly excelleration..IF you plan on doing the washers(Clutches) and are planning on doing the wheel then i would say yes do them both at once and be done with it....That way you dont have to keep pulling your SC out..Just remember your probley gonna have to tweek the prop a tiny bit to go with the new SC Wheel..Send the SC to Jerry he will take care of everything..all you will have to do is bolt it back in and go...Good luck

top speed

I am going to pull the supercharger off after the weekend. Just have to decide on a impeller and if anything should be done to the pump impeller. I wil be doing more to the ski in the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information