Smoke and smell after winter

Hey guys. My 2005 RXP have been winterized by the dealer. I went out yesterday for the first time of the year with my friend, who also have a 2005 RXP. When i was folowing from not so far, i noticed that smell wich seemed like oil burning or something. So i told him, and he told me the same thing about mine. If we pushed it harder, there was some (just a little) blue smoke on both of us. After some time it also all went away, but im just concerned if it is normal.

First time starting after winterization it's pretty normal. Check tthe oil level, MOST dealers tend to overfill with oil.

If the dealer added a higher than recommended dosage of fuel stabilizer for winterization, then burning that first tank off might give the exhaust a different smell also.

my tank was around half full when i started it. i ran for some time, now its like 1/3 full. should i full the tank with fresh fuel, or should i burn all the old one first?

i didnt checked the oil. i will check it next time. i had my 10hours maintenance done at the time of winterization, so they may have messed up like they did when i bought it (it was overfilled)

If the smell is coming from a high concentration of fuel stabilizer, then it wouldn't hurt to top off the tank. Ideally, you should have filled the tank up all the way anyway as part of the winterzation process then added the correct amount of fuel stabilizer. Filling it up all the way, doesn't allow any chance for condensation to form inside your tank during the winter months.

+1
    They fog the motor with Sea-Doo lube... If you took it back to the dealer as recommended it would not have happened to you. ( for spring service they run it and then change plugs)

ok... the dealer told me to run it on the hose for a minute or 2 and then i was done...

anyways, i went back on the lake yesterday and it was fine.... i found out that he overfilled my oil also... as usual... i hate it.

Thread Information