Anyone ride in the 1000 Islands/St. Lawrence/Lake Ontario Region?

Just curious if anyone does any riding up in the 1000 Islands/St. Lawrence River/Lake Ontario region in up-state New York/Canada?

I am trying to get my ski ready for this summer to do a lot of riding in both Lake Erie (as that is where I live full-time) and to do some up at my family's summer place on Wolfe Island in Canada.

I'd be interested to see if anyone does any riding in this area and has any input on some great places to ride.

Still gotta get the '93 SL750 going but I'm keeping the faith...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I expect to be riding in Ontario cottage country, and Lake Ontario.

Riding in the Thousand Islands area sounds interesting, but I am not familiar with it as a boater (just as a tourist, years ago).

+1
    I'm about an hour south of Oswego, have been meaning to take the skis up to Oswego or Sodus Bay one of these summers. I ride the fingerlakes, as I'm right in the middle of them. Skaneateles Lake is my favorite, the lake is so clean its water is used as the drinking water for the city of Syracuse, without any treatment!

The Thousand Islands region looks awesome for riding!

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I expect to be riding in Ontario cottage country, and Lake Ontario.

Riding in the Thousand Islands area sounds interesting, but I am not familiar with it as a boater (just as a tourist, years ago).
    I'm 22 years old and I've been boating in the St. Lawrence area between Kingston, Ontario and Wolfe Island, Ontario (largest of 1000 islands and definite cottage country) ever since my Dad let me drive the boat!

I've yet to ride a jet ski in the area and I"m getting really psyched to get mine up and running so I can do so. The water is great...not too rough, not too shallow, and plenty to look at while cruising around.

For break-in, I have a great sheltered bay that our family lives on that can be like glass on some days but also opens up into the St. Lawrence to get some rougher water.

I would highly recommend the area (but only in the summer because it is cooooold as hell between mid-september and late May.

Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post
    I'm about an hour south of Oswego, have been meaning to take the skis up to Oswego or Sodus Bay one of these summers. I ride the fingerlakes, as I'm right in the middle of them. Skaneateles Lake is my favorite, the lake is so clean its water is used as the drinking water for the city of Syracuse, without any treatment!

I go right by that area on my way up to cottage country because I'm coming from the Cleveland area, right up I90 to I81 North. I'll have to check out the fingerlakes sometime as I have lots of family in Syracuse.

This i

Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post

I go right by that area on my way up to cottage country because I'm coming from the Cleveland area, right up I90 to I81 North. I'll have to check out the fingerlakes sometime as I have lots of family in Syracuse.

This is just getting me really pumped for Summer since we've been buried with snow here since about November.

Thread Information