Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Electrical VS Mechanical Boost gauge

Im going to be getting a boost gauge and I am debating either to get a mechanical gauge like an autometer or go with the Digital one that people are using. I tend to do a lot of salt water riding and I dont want to throw my money away. I know the digital ones are very accurate, but i still notice that a lot of guys are running the mech. ones. What are some of your opinions on this , maybe you can help me decide ...

+1
    I have the digital one and it is very easy to read and very accurate. No guessing, reads to the tenths and no flickering just goes up and down with rpm. Its a dynatune blue back ground, easy to read in all sun conditions.
    I will say that you want to keep the connections dry on the boost line as that is the only thing that i have seen that can be a problem. But that is very easy to do as i have my connection covered with black duct tape and know have it zip tied up high were if i get water ingestion it want affect it.
    I am happy with the dynatune digital gauge.
    Last edited by skoepp; 04-07-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Thilo
    I really like AEM gauges. They are a great mix of fast reading analog very precise digital.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I have the digital one and it is very easy to read and very accurate. No guessing, reads to the tenths and no flickering just goes up and down with rpm. Its a dynatune blue back ground, easy to read in all sun conditions.
    I will say that you want to keep the connections dry on the boost line as that is the only thing that i have seen that can be a problem. But that is very easy to do as i have my connection covered with black duct tape and know have it zip tied up high were if i get water ingestion it want affect it.
    I am happy with the dynatune digital gauge.
    I have the same thing. Seems to work very well and I would suggest it.

how do you guys keep it away from getting drenched !!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    dynotune digital boost gauge here... always been accurate, been using it in salt water for over 2 seasons now...

i dont like reading needles and see if i'm a little past or a little before the next wgole number... i want a numerical value so there's no guessing.

i'm very satisifed with my dynotune

i took it apart before installing it and sealed the housing with clear silicone...

i blast it with the hose and drench it and wash the ski down all the time and never a water issue with my gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    dynotune digital boost gauge here... always been accurate, been using it in salt water for over 2 seasons now...

i dont like reading needles and see if i'm a little past or a little before the next wgole number... i want a numerical value so there's no guessing.

i took it apart before installing it and sealed the housing with clear silicone...

i blast it with the hose and drench it and wash the ski down all the time and never a water issue with my gauge
    Can attach of photo?thinking off getting a unit like this for my 03GTX SC IC

I just ordered a mechanical liquid filled for my P-X. The liquid really makes it easy to be more accurate with the mechanical.

Just a thought... 70.00 right now..

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post

+1... great gauges!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2068.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	125012  

Nice install BD!

For half the dough... I'm happy with the mechanical. I only want it to monitor things... I don't need to know the exact number. I wasn't even going to get one until I started reading threads of peoples 08 RXT-X superchargers exploding!

With the gauge I also ordered the tools so I could check slip point and maintain the charger.....Last thing I need is metal parts going through a motor that is not under warranty because of too many mods.

Cheap insurance....... I got a nice box of parts that should be on my door step Wednesday so the gauges and tools were REALLY pushing it... plus the bilge pumps.

Good God I have a problem........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information