Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Catch Can

  1. #1
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149

    Catch Can

    Guys, My GH box is on the way to be modified for the Black Magic Headers upgrade.
    My question is, where can i mount my catch can now since i will not have the stock exhaust manifold to mount to, and i would assume that the new header will not have any potential to mount too.
    I thought maybe some of you guys have mounted your catch can in a custom spot on ski and would like to share thoughts or pics. Just planning ahead and wanted some advice.

    thanks


  2. #2
    Student of Speed rxpwhistler1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oakland County Michigan
    Posts
    708

    catch can

    I mounted mine on the manifold but I have seen a lot of guys (including Jerry at one point) mount it near the front of the seat on the right side. So if you took out the stock air intake duct in the front of the seat, you would see it through there on the right. I think they just custom mounted it. You could use some big zipties even to mount that thing anywhere it will reach.

    I personally would make a bracket and put it in that area. Sorry I don't have any pics. Search for jerry's old thread called something like; "some old pictures" or something where he had pics of the original green hulk machine and in one of the pics you can see what i mean

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    My question is, if you reuse the bracket and mount it in the same place (should work), what is the ambient heat gonna be like since the front half of the new headers are "dry"...?

  4. #4
    Student of Speed rxpwhistler1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oakland County Michigan
    Posts
    708

    here is the pic!

    damn im good
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    damn im good
    thanks, i assume that he drilled thru the ski to mount that too?
    I hate drilliing and cutting on the ski but oh well.
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-24-2008 at 03:58 PM.

  6. #6
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    My question is, if you reuse the bracket and mount it in the same place (should work), what is the ambient heat gonna be like since the front half of the new headers are "dry"...?
    You are right Danny, I was thinking that the bolts that the can are mounted to were bolts that would be gone once stock manifold is removed, but those bolts are actually the bolts that mount the manifold to block, or am i wrong.

    As far as the ambient heat and etc, i have no idea.

  7. #7
    Student of Speed rxpwhistler1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oakland County Michigan
    Posts
    708

    holes

    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    thanks, i assume that he drilled thru the ski to mount that too?
    I hate drilliing and cutting on the ski but oh well.
    I hear you on that one. The side of the seat covers that area and the bolts are small enough that you wouldn't have to worry about any water or anything. I think it's one of the more safe places to drill.

  8. #8
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    I have just fitted a custom catch can on my rxp, Had it made at work, Perks!!! I have used a stainless Tbolt clamp (had 1 left over from my ic install) to hold it to the revese cable Put some heat proof foam on the can to stop any damage to the cable. It hasent affected the action of the cable atal and it is very close tho the position where the riva 1 is fitted. I kno this is not the most profesional solution but it if function over form and still looks smart any how. It sort of hides the cable so you dont rele know what it is attached to. I am yet to run with the can as its still toooo frekin cold in not so sunny england atm. ROLL ON SUMMER!!!!!!

  9. #9
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I have just fitted a custom catch can on my rxp, Had it made at work, Perks!!! I have used a stainless Tbolt clamp (had 1 left over from my ic install) to hold it to the revese cable Put some heat proof foam on the can to stop any damage to the cable. It hasent affected the action of the cable atal and it is very close tho the position where the riva 1 is fitted. I kno this is not the most profesional solution but it if function over form and still looks smart any how. It sort of hides the cable so you dont rele know what it is attached to. I am yet to run with the can as its still toooo frekin cold in not so sunny england atm. ROLL ON SUMMER!!!!!!
    I was thinking of mounting it right off the engine with like 3 inches of hose. Any reason this would not work.

  10. #10
    Do Work Son 05RXPnoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lake Chickamauga/ Chattanooga TN
    Posts
    958
    Heres where I put mine, if I did it again I would not put it in the same position. After a while of riding all the excess fumes will eventually get to you-this reminds me of something else I need to address.

    Jay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007_0420(007).JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	443.3 KB 
ID:	64135  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. This **** catch can, what the fittings called?
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:09 AM
  2. MY RXT oil catch can picture
    By amirmiz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 10:34 AM
  3. PCV breather/oil catch can
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
  4. oil catch can
    By rxpblast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:37 PM
  5. oil catch can?
    By PAINKILLER in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •