Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Catch Can

+1

Catch Can

Guys, My GH box is on the way to be modified for the Black Magic Headers upgrade.
    My question is, where can i mount my catch can now since i will not have the stock exhaust manifold to mount to, and i would assume that the new header will not have any potential to mount too.
    I thought maybe some of you guys have mounted your catch can in a custom spot on ski and would like to share thoughts or pics. Just planning ahead and wanted some advice.

thanks

catch can

I mounted mine on the manifold but I have seen a lot of guys (including Jerry at one point) mount it near the front of the seat on the right side. So if you took out the stock air intake duct in the front of the seat, you would see it through there on the right. I think they just custom mounted it. You could use some big zipties even to mount that thing anywhere it will reach.

I personally would make a bracket and put it in that area. Sorry I don't have any pics. Search for jerry's old thread called something like; "some old pictures" or something where he had pics of the original green hulk machine and in one of the pics you can see what i mean

Banned User
    +1
    My question is, if you reuse the bracket and mount it in the same place (should work), what is the ambient heat gonna be like since the front half of the new headers are "dry"...?

here is the pic!

damn im good
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    damn im good
    thanks, i assume that he drilled thru the ski to mount that too?
    I hate drilliing and cutting on the ski but oh well.
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-24-2008 at 03:58 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    My question is, if you reuse the bracket and mount it in the same place (should work), what is the ambient heat gonna be like since the front half of the new headers are "dry"...?
    You are right Danny, I was thinking that the bolts that the can are mounted to were bolts that would be gone once stock manifold is removed, but those bolts are actually the bolts that mount the manifold to block, or am i wrong.

As far as the ambient heat and etc, i have no idea.

holes

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    thanks, i assume that he drilled thru the ski to mount that too?
    I hate drilliing and cutting on the ski but oh well.
    I hear you on that one. The side of the seat covers that area and the bolts are small enough that you wouldn't have to worry about any water or anything. I think it's one of the more safe places to drill.

+1
    I have just fitted a custom catch can on my rxp, Had it made at work, Perks!!! I have used a stainless Tbolt clamp (had 1 left over from my ic install) to hold it to the revese cable Put some heat proof foam on the can to stop any damage to the cable. It hasent affected the action of the cable atal and it is very close tho the position where the riva 1 is fitted. I kno this is not the most profesional solution but it if function over form and still looks smart any how. It sort of hides the cable so you dont rele know what it is attached to. I am yet to run with the can as its still toooo frekin cold in not so sunny england atm. ROLL ON SUMMER!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I have just fitted a custom catch can on my rxp, Had it made at work, Perks!!! I have used a stainless Tbolt clamp (had 1 left over from my ic install) to hold it to the revese cable Put some heat proof foam on the can to stop any damage to the cable. It hasent affected the action of the cable atal and it is very close tho the position where the riva 1 is fitted. I kno this is not the most profesional solution but it if function over form and still looks smart any how. It sort of hides the cable so you dont rele know what it is attached to. I am yet to run with the can as its still toooo frekin cold in not so sunny england atm. ROLL ON SUMMER!!!!!!
    I was thinking of mounting it right off the engine with like 3 inches of hose. Any reason this would not work.

Heres where I put mine, if I did it again I would not put it in the same position. After a while of riding all the excess fumes will eventually get to you-this reminds me of something else I need to address.

Jay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007_0420(007).JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	443.3 KB 
ID:	64135  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information