Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Riva RXP-X intake grate question...

Suppose you do just this mod and nothing more in terms of actual performance like no impeller change, no nozzle change or air intake, etc., what do you think would be the pro or con? Would there be an increase in speed with this less aggressive scoop or will it kill the acceleration (although no one has had a chance to try one)?

I would like add to the question above would it be possible to install an rxp-x grate to a regular rxp to enhance its hook up?

Quote Originally Posted by gtxscrider View Post
    I would like add to the question above would it be possible to install an rxp-x grate to a regular rxp to enhance its hook up?
    No, different size grate on the X-men.

+1
    I think the biggest con as far as performance would your rough water hook up would drop dramatically. I doubt there would be much if any acceleration loss.

+1
    I would get both and keep the stock grate handy, it hooks up real good in the rough.

If the Riva grate gives you another 2-3 MPHs it will be cheap speed. I am at 71 stock and would be real happy at 74+.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I think the biggest con as far as performance would your rough water hook up would drop dramatically. I doubt there would be much if any acceleration loss.
    +1 MPower
    I totally agree after riding the X. I think you will loose the crazy insane hookup some, and keep the same acceleration with better top end.

+1 Antiguan RXP
    I will be keeping my stock grate untouched, the hookup it has is something you just have to fill. But I think the Riva Grate is going to be on the ski mostly.

+1
    Damn...I do like hook up and acceleration. Perhaps I'll just keep it stock for now. I got the Riva sponsons and RE blockoffs to go on before she even hits the water. And the Groco strainer too, plus will replace the clamps and I should be solid - oh yeah, the free flow exhaust too!

+1
    This grate on the X ski is so aggressive in stock form you can literally feel the rear of the ski being sucked down to the water. In smooth water it almost feels like you're dragging an anchor behind the ski. It doesn't surprise me at all you can gain 2-3 mph with just a different grate. However, the planted feel of the ski is so nice im not sure I will ever switch it out. Where the previous 215 RXP's I would ride would be bouncing all over the place, the RXP-X is LOCKED down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Damn...I do like hook up and acceleration. Perhaps I'll just keep it stock for now. I got the Riva sponsons and RE blockoffs to go on before she even hits the water. And the Groco strainer too, plus will replace the clamps and I should be solid - oh yeah, the free flow exhaust too!
    You already have your free flow pipe?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    This grate on the X ski is so aggressive in stock form you can literally feel the rear of the ski being sucked down to the water. In smooth water it almost feels like you're dragging an anchor behind the ski. It doesn't surprise me at all you can gain 2-3 mph with just a different grate. However, the planted feel of the ski is so nice im not sure I will ever switch it out. Where the previous 215 RXP's I would ride would be bouncing all over the place, the RXP-X is LOCKED down.
    +1 on the T-X. The ski is so glued to the water it is amazing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information