Maxflow Race Bypass and Blowoff Valve

Greetings,

I have recently purchased a blowoff valve for my modified 2004GTXSC. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find a vacuum port to tap into so I can run the suggested line to the blowoff valve? Also, can the blowoff valve be mounted on the pipe leaving the inner cooler or must it be mounted on the pipe leaving the supercharger?

Thanks,
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRay View Post
    Greetings,

I have recently purchased a blowoff valve for my modified 2004GTXSC. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find a vacuum port to tap into so I can run the suggested line to the blowoff valve? Also, can the blowoff valve be mounted on the pipe leaving the inner cooler or must it be mounted on the pipe leaving the supercharger?

Thanks,
    Ray
    Could be mounted on either ic pipe. There are vacum tits sticking out of the plastic intake manifold. They are about 1" long, 3 of them, one at each cylinder. Drill one of them out or use a hot wire and melt through one to attach the vacum line for the BOV.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    vacum tits sticking out
    ^thats funny

Put the bov on the hot pipe-charger side.

Do the vacuum as lafjax described, or tap into the stock intercooler blockoff. I've used both methods and both work great.

It's best to put the BOV on the cold side of the IC. That way the compressed air don't have to travel backwards trough the IC to exit the BOV when you let go the trottle. The best place to mount it would be as close to the trottlebody as possible... Then the air keeps its normal flow-direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    It's best to put the BOV on the cold side of the IC. That way the compressed air don't have to travel backwards trough the IC to exit the BOV when you let go the trottle. The best place to mount it would be as close to the trottlebody as possible... Then the air keeps its normal flow-direction.

what do you think is the major downfall to having it on the "warmer" pipe? I've seen it on both and seems to work just fine either way...

The trottle-respons from going closed trottle to WOT will be better if you put it close to the trottlebody. The difference won't be big, but why not do it right the first time. Just think of all the air that has to go bacwards if you put it close to the SC...

+1
    The trottle-respons from going closed trottle to WOT will be better if you put it close to the trottlebody. The difference won't be big, but why not do it right the first time. Just think of all the air that has to go bacwards if you put it close to the SC...
    Trond, that's straight up advice. but not everyone will follow it.

Yes, just a stright up advice. The difference is marginal, and if your only a rec-driver, then I'll recomand to put it where it's easiest to put it

I know for sure where mine is going...

+1
    +1

Thanks much guys I appreciate the help! I'll let you know how it runs if Lake Erie ever thaws out!!

Thread Information