Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Acceleration vs. top speed

Which is better when it comes to PWC's? Faster acceleration (which i am learning is also known as holeshot?) or a greater top speed?

I would think that faster accelration would be funner? cuz u could just zip away real fast and hit wake's pretty hard for jumping? or is top speed funner?

also, When i get a PWC, most of my riding will be in the Estero Bay, which is in Florida.

depends on the person. Me Im all about the holeshot. If i can do 75-80 and be the quickest on the water I am MORE then HAPPY. Its all about the bouys baby.

Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    depends on the person. Me Im all about the holeshot. If i can do 75-80 and be the quickest on the water I am MORE then HAPPY. Its all about the bouys baby.
    finally a reply lol.

sounds good. so as long as i get in the high 70's with a good holeshot, ill be fine?

also, is it likely that you can hit in the 80's with a good holeshot?

(sorry i'm new and am trying to see what my options are)

sounds like you are all for holeshot if your looking to buy. the rxpx ppl are running 68-72 stock with an UNREAL holeshot. I have yet to run mine but Im foaming at the mouth. If you looking for high 80s with good holeshot tough to say right now just speaking for the RXPX its too inmature. If your up in the 80 your holeshot is good but not as good. If you get the RXPx and do very minor mods like a stage I ($1200 in Jerrys store) youll be very happy youll be around 75-76 most likely and still have the unreal hole shot. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by seadooingfreak View Post
    sounds like you are all for holeshot if your looking to buy. the rxpx ppl are running 68-72 stock with an UNREAL holeshot. I have yet to run mine but Im foaming at the mouth. If you looking for high 80s with good holeshot tough to say right now just speaking for the RXPX its too inmature. If your up in the 80 your holeshot is good but not as good. If you get the RXPx and do very minor mods like a stage I ($1200 in Jerrys store) youll be very happy youll be around 75-76 most likely and still have the unreal hole shot. Hope that helps
    yes that does help a lot. however, i dont think that ill be able to get that brand new rxpx. i have seen the youtube vids of its holeshot tho and its pretty badazz. So basically i wanna just get in the 70's and no faster in order to keep sweet holeshot?

now, what are these different Stage mods? i have been reading around the forum for hours now, and have learned some good stuff. Please explain a lil about the Stage I mod and the other mods if you could.

check out jerrys store. Some good info there or Rivas website. But def. check out jerrys site first. Just look on the toolbar on the left hand side and click on the link that says online store. Stage one mods are mostly air and water intake. You could go out at get a 07 new RXP for like 9-10gs.

+1
    What you need is a nice used RXP for about $6,000. Throw on a rude charger, rude rising rate fuel pressure regulator, external intercooler, riva rear air intake (or custom 4" front intake if you're worried about water injestion) and a 15/20r prop bent for 8100 rpms. That should get you in the upper 70s-80 with an awesome hole shot/acceleration.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    What you need is a nice used RXP for about $6,000. Throw on a rude charger, rude rising rate fuel pressure regulator, external intercooler, riva rear air intake (or custom 4" front intake if you're worried about water injestion) and a 15/20r prop bent for 8100 rpms. That should get you in the upper 70s-80 with an awesome hole shot/acceleration.
    You mean crazy fast arm ripping hole shot and dont forget the GH box and it will sound bad aXX. That setup still amazes me every time i gun it.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    sounds like some good advice

now which of the mods you mentioned are done by jerry's store? and which ones are extra? and also, how much will all these mods cost?

6k sounds a lil more reasonably priced for what my dad wants to spend.

now, will i be able to tow tubers and wake borders with a RXP? or will i get in trouble? (keep this good info coming )

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    You mean crazy fast arm ripping hole shot and dont forget the GH box and it will sound bad aXX. That setup still amazes me every time i gun it.
    i'm alraedy getting excited just thinking/talking about it lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information