Scott

09' and 20' SeaDoo/Yami

Let's just slide HSR to the side for a sec. SeaDoo is always looking to build faster skis...Without the threat (real or imagined) from HSR, has anyone heard of SeaDoo or Yami's plans for next year? Personally, I just unloaded an 05 RXT initially for an RXPX. Now with all this hype and just the fact that these 4tecs are capable of producing so much HP, I thought it might be wise to wait a year and see what the OEM's will have to show for 09. I decided to forego the contract I made at the NYC boat show because of this (Ill be riding a 96 XP/ and a stock 97 SPX FOR 0...But Im wondering, what's next from SeaDOO? another model year for the X skis? more aggressive cams/timing and internals? different 4tec? lighter hull with a 4tec variation? thoughts please...

+1
    I thought the HSR are not coming to America.

What I think, and I have no concrete proof to support this, is that something completely new will be released from SD in '09. At least from a cosmetic point of view. SD normally, with regards to the 2 seaters, does a redesign every 3-4 years. GSX came out in 96, replaced by RX in 2000, which was replaced by the RXP in 2004. I thought the RXP would be replaced or redesigned this year but only slight changes (colour, finger throttle, VTS etc) were made. Obviously significant changes were done to increase HP, (X-charger, IC). So I think we may see a variation of the HP related changes done to the P/T-X incorporated in next years model, along cosmetic changes. Thats my guess, based on BRP's history.
    I put a deposit for a RXP-X, but often question if I should have waited until next year. I doubt we'll hear anything official until fall as it will effect 08 sales, if something completely new is planned. Just my 2 cents.

09-Bold new graphics and 255 HP.

Hopefully Yamaha puts the SHO engine in the GPR hull

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzshoreboy08 View Post
    Let's just slide HSR to the side for a sec. SeaDoo is always looking to build faster skis...Without the threat (real or imagined) from HSR, has anyone heard of SeaDoo or Yami's plans for next year? Personally, I just unloaded an 05 RXT initially for an RXPX. Now with all this hype and just the fact that these 4tecs are capable of producing so much HP, I thought it might be wise to wait a year and see what the OEM's will have to show for 09. I decided to forego the contract I made at the NYC boat show because of this (Ill be riding a 96 XP/ and a stock 97 SPX FOR 0...But Im wondering, what's next from SeaDOO? another model year for the X skis? more aggressive cams/timing and internals? different 4tec? lighter hull with a 4tec variation? thoughts please...

Bout time you finally posted. Welcome to the Site... I hope you enjoy it and that SPX. We'll get together for a ride for sure.

Thread Information