Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ceramic washer ?

Hi all, new to green hulk, and need a little advice. I just picked up a new 2006 rxp, with extended warranty. Should i replace the ceramic washers with metal washers now for piece of mind, or wait til they fail and get it fixed under warranty? Has anyone had any issues with the metal washers failing, breaking down, or anything that would hurt the supercharger or even the engine? I hate that I even have to ask this question, and seadoo not doing anything about the issue.
    thanks in advance
    Bill

welcome to the forum. you need to change them A.S.A.P...dont wait until they fail, because then that could cause you big time problems.

thanks for the quick reply, thats what i think i am gonna do, but just looking for some opinions, also looking for some input on the metal washers.

Im still learning everything, but I havent heard of anyone have problems with the metal washers. To answer you question regarding why hasnt seadoo fixed this problem...the 2008 models now come with metal washers.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=washer

heres a link that might answer some of your questions.

ok they upgraded the new model but what are they doing about the older ones like what i just bought? brp customer service say they are not trained to answer technical questions and talk to local dealer. I call local dealer and they are like WHAT????? Dealer knows of issue said they had 3 last year. just say brp wont do anything til something happens. I would like to prevent anything from happening thats why I think i am going to mail my supercharger to jerry
    Last edited by headbush; 03-25-2008 at 03:45 PM.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ex&cPath=18_63

heres the link to Jerrys store and you will see the new metal washers

+1
    Most dealers (if not all) are upgrading the washers in the pre 08 boats with metal washers under warranty.

Atleast the dealers in my area are.

Don't wait either, the washers breaking can cause complete engine failure.

well i am gonna have to call some more dealers around here cuz the couple i talked to around here have not said anything about replacing them before they fail.
    thanks for the reply's

Quote Originally Posted by headbush View Post
    well i am gonna have to call some more dealers around here cuz the couple i talked to around here have not said anything about replacing them before they fail.
    thanks for the reply's
    Nothing against the dealers, but I'm sure they make much more money if the the washers fail as compared to swaping them out. Some washers have failed during break-in, so don't wait too long to get them changed to metal washers. If you're handy with tools, pull the SC and send it to Jerry to change the washers... Ron

I wouldn't deal with a dealer....buy the ones from 4tecperformance (i choosed the Riva ones) and have them installed inside your S/C by Jerry, he knows better than any dealer when you talk about a S/C unit.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information