Modding Questions for RXT (or possibly another type)

A lot of people have said really good things about the RXT. What i am lookin for in a PWC is one that has a really good holeshot and still gets in the mid 70's for top speed. Is it possible to get an '05 RXT for $6,000?

I also have questions about modifying the ski in order to get the desired acceleration and speeds mentioned above. Say i get Riva 05-07 RXT Stage 1 Kit from Jerry's Store. Is this a good buy? and what kind of performance gains am i looking at? I noticed that a Solas Concord 14/17R Impeller is installed, and i was wondering is this good for the performance boosts that i want?

Also, what are the advantages to getting The STage 1 kit compared to getting what JFizzleJR said i should get, which is: "What you need is a nice used RXP for about $6,000. Throw on a rude charger, rude rising rate fuel pressure regulator, external intercooler, riva rear air intake (or custom 4" front intake if you're worried about water injestion) and a 15/20r prop bent for 8100 rpms. That should get you in the upper 70s-80 with an awesome hole shot/acceleration."

If someone could outline the pros and cons of each of those mods, and how much the mod that JFizzleJR suggested would cost, that would be awesome..

I know i posted a lot of questions, so try to answer as many of them as u can without leaving much out. Thx guys!!!!

+1
    Riva Stage 1 on an RXT costs $800 and gets speed from stock 65 mph to 68 mph. Riva Stage 3 costs $6,300 and gets speed up to 74 mph. What JFizzle outlined would cost somewhere between $3,000 - $4,000 and also likely get you 74ish mph. Achieving mid-70s on an RXT takes lots of parts and money ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Riva Stage 1 on an RXT costs $800 and gets speed from stock 65 mph to 68 mph. Riva Stage 3 costs $6,300 and gets speed up to 74 mph. What JFizzle outlined would cost somewhere between $3,000 - $4,000 and also likely get you 74ish mph. Achieving mid-70s on an RXT takes lots of parts and money ...
    dang so it looks like that wont be happening...

how much holeshot increase am i getting with the Riva Stage 1 kit?? and is the Solas Concord 14/17R Impeller a good size, or should that be pitched for an even greater increase in holeshot?

and are there any things which JFizzle outlined that are good modifications that are cheap? or is each one he mentioned not Stage 1 mods?

It depends on what stye of riding you plan to do. If you are young & fit plus like to ride hard I'd suggest you get a RXP. Take it to a stage 2 plus the greenwheel or S3 supercharger impeller & you'll be at the 75-77 mph range with a super hole shot. It's a hell of a ski. If you are a older guy with a couple of replaced knees like me, go with the RXT & take it to stage 2 with a S3 supercharger. It's hard to get a RXT to 75, but it does great at the low 70's mark, plus it's a great ride in rough water. It's not going to beat everything at the lake, but it does pretty good. I couldn't be happier with mine. Bone stock I got 66.5 GPS. Not sure where I'll be with the mods I did over the winter, but I know I'll be close to what I want. It just depends on how much do you want to spend.

Thread Information