2005 RXT 'Check Engine' displays after ~7k rpms

I just had my sc rebuilt and the metal washers installed a few months ago. Used the ski about a month ago and it ran perfectly. I left it on the dock with half a tank of gas left in the hot Florida sun.

I got in town the other day and took it out for a ride on the gulf with the fuel that has been sitting in it. Everything feels and runs fine. When I start hitting some waves on the gulf and the engine revs past around 7000 or so rpms, as it approaches the red line the led starts blinking red on the dash and the lcd starts displaying 'Check Engine'. I can turn off the ski for a moment and then start it up again and it will run fine as long as I stay in the lower rpm range. But as soon as I start revving higher, closer to the red line, the 'Check Engine' message comes on.

Any advice? What should I take a look at? Could it be the gas having lost octane sitting in the sun? I will refuel it with 93 octane and see what happens.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    next time u get a check engine... press the SET button 5 times and look at the display.

it will show a 4 digit error code that says P-xxxx

that code will reference to a problem in the shop manual so we can help you figure out what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    next time u get a check engine... press the SET button 5 times and look at the display.

it will show a 4 digit error code that says P-xxxx

that code will reference to a problem in the shop manual so we can help you figure out what it is
    Thanks. Will do.

Hi, I had that same problem with mine RXP I took it to the dealer turns out to be a faulty ignition sensor inside the engine due to salt water corrosion on the engine block.

Not a preaty sight, to see the engine block turning into dust as I toutch it.

And by the way I also left my RXP on the dock for 2 or 3 months without any action.

I tested them today and got this code:
    P-0326

I will search the forum and web for help on this but it would be appreciated if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Judging by other posts on the forum, it appears this code has to do with the knock sensor. Could I have been correct in blaming the old fuel? I will refill a new tank later and test again.

Hey mate, i am having same problem, 05 rxp, changed fuel and knock sensor still no better. looking at electrical system now.

Thread Information