Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Heat Soak On 250

Guys I know what heat soak feels like, but I'm not to sure about this problem. When I first start riding the throttle responce feels great and stays like that until I turn the ski off and leave it, which can be up to 2 to 3 hours at times. Hop back on and the throttle responce has gone (the top ends stays much the same). Does the ecu pull timing out on these skis when its senses heat soak much like a LS1 OR LS2 Chev? I would have thought two or three hours would be enough time to cool down. Cheers

i've also figured out that after runin the ski a ew hours later the engine is stil hot..it takes a lon gtime to cool down

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Maybe belt is a little on the loose side, and its tight when you first ride, then it gets a lil warm and slips a little bit after you shut it off? Just a thought

Heat Barrier - new toy

I added the R&D Intercooler Kit and the Roguejets Intake Heat Barrier -
    immediately noticed a very large reduction in operating temps.
    Summers get very hot here in Texas and I noticed my 250X was always
    'very hot'...even after a mundane/ easy 30 minute cruise...

Check out www.roguejets.net - owner is very nice guy, Ron Self, also a former racer. He has a 'intake heat barrier' product for the 250X
    at $130 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by jrosson View Post
    I added the R&D Intercooler Kit and the Roguejets Intake Heat Barrier -
    immediately noticed a very large reduction in operating temps.
    Summers get very hot here in Texas and I noticed my 250X was always
    'very hot'...even after a mundane/ easy 30 minute cruise...

Check out www.roguejets.net - owner is very nice guy, Ron Self, also a former racer. He has a 'intake heat barrier' product for the 250X
    at $130 USD.

Why are you pushing the Roguejets.com? Is that what dropped the operating Temps? Your missing the fact that you did the intercooler mod from R&D but seem to credit the Rogue for the gains.

Was the Rogue part a direct bolt on or did you have to grind it out to match the 250 since the parts are left overs from his 12F kit.

When i called, the person answering the phone didnt have much info on it other then it would have to be modified to fit the 250. I just let it go because of the lack of information and having to grind away on a brand new $130 part to fit what it was not designed for.

The biggest reason I chose not to is the the 250 intake plenium is much larger then the 15F. This is done to aid in cooling the air before its drawn into the intake ports. So this part that was designed for the 12F and 15F does not benifit the 250 as much. It also brings the intake manifold and throttle boddy to close to the side wall of the hull. IMO to risky for the intake or TPS sensor to hit the side wall during rough riding.

I do believe your gains are from the IC kit you installed.

Cooler engine

I agree 100% regarding your comments - and no I am not 'pushing' RogueJets at all - just thought the product was interesting/ worth testing...

Kudos to R&D for the Intercooler Kit - I agree with you that the kit is mostly/ entirely responsible for the cooler engine

Direct bolt-on, no grinding - clearance looks fine...

I got a bigger problem though (Skip) - I did not do my homework and just noticed a thread mentioning that it may not be possible to flush the IC with the R&D IC Kit Installed...I ride predominantly in salt water...
    Is this a problem? Suggestions...

Yes the intercooler has to be flushed separate. Best to remove top hose on the intercooler and flush it that way.

Ill check my site to see if I put that in there. If not it is a huge oversight on my part. Ill have to correct that immediately.

As for the Rogue piece, they must have changed the fitting of it. Last I was told by them was that I would have to grind out to match the larger intake ports of the 250X. Good to see it has changed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Maybe belt is a little on the loose side, and its tight when you first ride, then it gets a lil warm and slips a little bit after you shut it off? Just a thought

Good thought, Do you think I should make sure the ski is warm before I check it?

+1
    Id check it cold and after you have been riding, how many hours on the belt?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

As for the Rogue piece, they must have changed the fitting of it. Last I was told by them was that I would have to grind out to match the larger intake ports of the 250X. Good to see it has changed.
    I put one on long ago, it bolted right up, at the time they didnt have the longer bolts though, I had to go get some my self....
    Last edited by Aquaholic6801; 03-26-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information