Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Thru Hull Exhaust (to or not to do)

Well guys here it goes, I have an 07 Gtx-Ltd 215 Sc, it already has a stage 1 and to this I have added the usual free mods now im working on getting other goodies to it like changing the prop, supercharger and getting close to a stage 3. I have already removed the resonator box and she felt more alive, now my question was: What is there to gain by going with a thru hull eshaust and gutting the stock waterbox. The ski sounds great with the resonator removed, I'll admit that, but im sortha partial to the Opas system, but if there is a gain on the Thru Hull Exhaust then I would surely do it. What's your thoughts with this. Chime in. Thanks. KC

+1
    hi, just wanted to chime in that you can keep the opas with a thru hull...

We just installed a gh shorty box, on a 05 rxt... with the intentions of keeping the OPAS. We marked the hull from the inside with a marker on a metal rod. We then drilled the pilot hole from the inside out. You have to make sure that spot you drill in doesn't interfere with the step ladder and the hull eye. Where we made the mistake, was that we put it so close to the opas, (not realizing that the opas bars move alot), that when you turned the handle bars, it hit the exhaust ext. piece. there is plenty of room for the install. just have to make sure you have the right spot.

We also put a few other mods on so i wont be able to determine the thru hull hp or rpm gains on its own..

I think, but i am not sure but with the new Riva power pipe you can retain the OPAS system. When you upgrade to an external IC.

+1
    Hey Kc I Have The Pipe If You Need One. Pipe And Coupler. May Help For A Test Fit And Pipe Is For Sale=d> Todd

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    hi, just wanted to chime in that you can keep the opas with a thru hull...

We just installed a gh shorty box, on a 05 rxt... with the intentions of keeping the OPAS. We marked the hull from the inside with a marker on a metal rod. We then drilled the pilot hole from the inside out. You have to make sure that spot you drill in doesn't interfere with the step ladder and the hull eye. Where we made the mistake, was that we put it so close to the opas, (not realizing that the opas bars move alot), that when you turned the handle bars, it hit the exhaust ext. piece. there is plenty of room for the install. just have to make sure you have the right spot.

We also put a few other mods on so i wont be able to determine the thru hull hp or rpm gains on its own..
    ctriverguy, can you take some pics of the setup. I am wanting to do this on the X but want to keep the opas.
    I appreciate your time if you can take some pics to help show where you placed the exhaust exit.
    You indicated that it worked with GH box, but do you think would work with Riva pipe. I know the riva pipe exits the same spot as gh box but it takes a different path getting back there.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    What is there to gain by going with a thru hull eshaust and gutting the stock waterbox.
    KC, I gained 150 rpm's with the gutted box and resonator removed. I went with the thru hull for neatness and to eliminate the 3000 htz viberation in the hull which was very loud to my ears. When I added Jerry's box I got another 50 rpms. This is worth doing and with lot's of room in your GTX we should be able to get it installed and keep the opas too.

+1
    What is there to gain by going with a thru hull eshaust and gutting the stock waterbox. The gain is you would not be looking to our back any more, and Mandy would not be kicking you but again . I did the modifications and felt the power and better preformance.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    What is there to gain by going with a thru hull eshaust and gutting the stock waterbox. The gain is you would not be looking to our back any more, and Mandy would not be kicking you but again . I did the modifications and felt the power and better preformance.
    Come now Doel you know I spanked that gp1300 with a stage 1 not once but 3 times he may have taken me coming out but be the time we finished all 3 runs which by the way you ran next to us as a witness all I can say it cachow! Blue Thunder Baby! Oh! by the way I am aware of you shopping for the IC just so that you can keep Robert from brutalizing that butt.

+1
    I would recamend the greenbox. I just installed mine and gained about 60-80 peak RPM and it sounds badazzed. Not sure if you can do it w/ the opas or not. Why do you want to keep the training wheels? I would take them off and get some block offs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich007 View Post
    I think, but i am not sure but with the new Riva power pipe you can retain the OPAS system. When you upgrade to an external IC.
    I have an external intercooler with the riva free flow exhaust with the opas still in my RXT. PLENTY OF ROOM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information