Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How To Install Intercooler For GTX Supercharged w/o IC

I have a 2004 GTX Supercharged without intercooler. I was wondering how can I add an intercooler to my Sea Doo? If it's possible.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eltikin View Post
    I have a 2004 GTX Supercharged without intercooler. I was wondering how can I add an intercooler to my Sea Doo? If it's possible.
    Welcome to the forum
    yep, check out my thread "tested new mods with results". I had a GTX non intercooled that i put a XS ic on. It is very easy. Your ski has water hose going form the pump transom to the front of the exhaust manifold. All you have to do is run water from the pump transom to the ic, then from the ic to the exhaust manifold. Your just putting the ic in line of the hose allready run.
    I removed my resonator which made it a little easier to install the ic, but i hear you can add ic with resonator.

So I only need to buy the intercooler and install it. Do you where I can buy this intercooler??

+1
    You need the ic with hoses, clamps, and couplers. You can buy the setup in Jerry,s store.

+1
    Holler at Jfizzle...I understand he has the entire XS IC kit, including hoses and clamps. I also beleive his kit is very nicely priced compared to the others available. --jpe

+1
    With just the inter cooler added to a 185 HP 03 GTXSC how much gain do you get?

+1
    I understand it to be a significant difference. Others will chime in. --jpe

I couldn't find any test results-they're in here somewhere- from anyone who has installed just the intercooler on a non-i/c GTXSC without making other mods. The usual Stage 1 (air intake, impeller, intake grate, pump wedge), then Stage 2 with intercooler. Will dig a little deeper.
    My opinion is that with no other mods there is a difference, just not a huge difference. The intercooler lessens the impact of heat fade (HP loss) on a hot day. Might keep you from losing 100-200 rpm.
    GTX Ltd, RXT, and RXP all have higher rev limits and more boost. Gotta crank up the increase air intake, make more boost, open up the exhaust and increase the RPMS to see big difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    With just the inter cooler added to a 185 HP 03 GTXSC how much gain do you get?
    I was hoping others would chime in before i add my thoughts. I put a ic on my 185 hp as you can read about it in "tested new mods with results"
    I found the addition with the ic gave alot more power. It seemed that throtle response was increased, so maybe better acceleration.
    On the 185 hp i ran into a wall at 67+ mph. In my opinion that is the limit with top speed if you keep the rpms at 7,600. With that being said that is a very nice speed for only turning 7,600. Some stock boats turning 8,100 do not see that speed or see only the same.
    The ic is a good upgrade but will shine more if you change your SC wheel and maybe even change to 8,100 ecu.

Here's what I was talking about. I'm looking for the test of just the i/c with no other mods. You've already done some, so that skews the results from an otherwise totally stock ski.
    Seems like you gained 10-20 rpm by adding the i/c. I that agree a GTX runs quicker and faster with an intercooler but it's the combination of all the mods together. Mine ran 67.5 without the i/c, will try to run it with an i/c next week when I get back to the lake.

"GTX
    added riva thru hull and water box mod.
    Exact same speed - not much change avg 66.5 with spike of 67.2.
    Exactly same rpm 7,600 with flash of 7,610 rpm.
    Sounds alot beter, no more ignoring resonance at 3,000 to 4,500 rpm.
    Isn,t near as loud as it was on the rxp.
    I think that exhaust mod on a low rpm ski and not heavily moded that you will see hardly any gain in performance.
    Next weekend I will see what the XS IC does on that setup.
    She needs more boost but for now it will wait. "

Test results after install
    "GTX - installed XS intercooler.
    same top speed of avg 66.5 and high of 67.0. rpm,s 7,600 with spikes of 7,610 and 7,620. so gained 10 to 20 rpm with ic. Some runs of only 65 to 66. Something seems funny and not adding up.
    The ic seems to have made night and day difference on torque and power. Better hole shot and much faster getting to top speed. "
    Last edited by gtxsc03; 03-27-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information