Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anchor Size???

Anchor Size???

Any body know what recommended size anchor to use for these BEASTS???

I just bought a 3.3 lb anchor that folds up and can be stored in a bag (with rope and buoy also). Don't know if it will keep this bad boy from floating away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    Any body know what recommended size anchor to use for these BEASTS???

I just bought a 3.3 lb anchor that folds up and can be stored in a bag (with rope and buoy also). Don't know if it will keep this bad boy from floating away from me.
    I use two sand anchors for the RXT, one in front and one in back! I load them up with rocks or sand, what ever is availble at the time.

+1
    ive been through all the anchors. sand anchors, splitters ect. the BEST anchor costs 3.00. as long as your anchoring somewhere you can touch bottom. Just go to the pet store and buy one of those screw in anchors made to hold dog lines. they will hold my ultra in 4+ foot of waves.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    A "must have" in my opinion is the Anchor Buddy to supplement the anchor of your choice. I use a whopping 15 lbs mushroom, but it's not for lugging around....only for campsites where you're at the lake for a week. That with the anchor buddy and bouy, it goes nowhere and easy to tie up. It sucks to haul around, but it works great and cheap.

The fold up ones 3.3 that come with bouy/rope/bag are cool for lugging but aren't very effective in anything other than rock or clay - and they break so easily.

Screw down work good for shallow.

http://www.anchorbuddy.com/

i would have gotten a heavier/more sturdy anchor. i went with the fold up/3.3 lb one because when it's stored in the ski, it's not banging around inside the hull because its inside the padded bag. it just seemed more convenient.

the screw down idea sounds great though...

Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    i would have gotten a heavier/more sturdy anchor. i went with the fold up/3.3 lb one because when it's stored in the ski, it's not banging around inside the hull because its inside the padded bag. it just seemed more convenient.

the screw down idea sounds great though...
    I also bought the 3.3lb fold up one, its not the greatest but it works. I also bought the screw in type. This is what I do, screw the anchor in about 4 feet deep water. Then throw the 3.3lb one as far as you can. Connect the screw type onto the transom and the 3.3lb onto the bow. Works pretty good, don't forget to put the buoy. O ya do not drive over the rope, unhook push your self out then starter her up.

sounds good, thanks!

New Anchor Products

Ive been disatisfied with these anchors for a while. Tried em all. The red grappling hook looked James Bondish and stowed perfectly in rear seat tray, but it only worked for me in sand, with no wind, wave or current. I got shocked trying to tighten batt terminals with ski bobbing every which wave with that *** grapplin hook.

Thats why I want to try this new sand spike and BOX anchor. The BOX is supposed to hold in sand, rock, wood, fish or fowl (as in Vern's case). Small & collapsible. One of the other guys mentioned it a while back.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    Ive been disatisfied with these anchors for a while. Tried em all. The red grappling hook looked James Bondish and stowed perfectly in rear seat tray, but it only worked for me in sand, with no wind, wave or current. I got shocked trying to tighten batt terminals with ski bobbing every which wave with that *** grapplin hook.

Thats why I want to try this new sand spike and BOX anchor. The BOX is supposed to hold in sand, rock, wood, fish or fowl (as in Vern's case). Small & collapsible. One of the other guys mentioned it a while back.
    They are supposed to work well i hear from friends...spendy too.

BOX Anchor

This BOX just looks gnarly. Dont need a chain lead. I'll strap it to my seat when I leave ski unattended--it looks like a bear trap!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information