Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: water box ?

  1. #1
    bigb'srxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    conroe,tx
    Posts
    67

    water box ?

    what performs better gutting the box or doing the mod w/ the holes in the baffle and does anyone have post on how to do it


  2. #2
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Here's how to do it:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14329
    Holes are the best mod. The baffel in the bottom of the box dosen't make much difference. I did holes and took the baffel out and shortened the rear 3". Had good results. Friend just did holes and gutted and had good results too.
    Last edited by lafjax; 03-26-2008 at 06:20 PM.

  3. #3
    bigb'srxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    conroe,tx
    Posts
    67
    thanks

  4. #4
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Here's how to do it:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14329
    Holes are the best mod. The baffel in the bottom of the box dosen't make much difference. I did holes and took the baffel out and shortened the rear 3". Had good results. Friend just did holes and gutted and had good results too.
    Larry out of the 2 different you describe above, which one sounds better...louder?

  5. #5
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Larry out of the 2 different you describe above, which one sounds better...louder?
    I did both, baffel with holes and bottom baffel cut out. Mine and my friends sounded the same. It was loud but not as loud as Jerry's shorty waterbox. I know, you can't have performance and stay quiet.
    The baffel you drill and cut out is the main restrictor...the baffel in the bottom of the box just routes water back to the exhaust outlet.
    Last edited by lafjax; 03-27-2008 at 10:07 AM.

  6. #6
    Robert caldo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Posts
    105

    both work!!!

    It's only a matter of choice and sound, both way sound diff, I completly gutted mine and everybody say it sounds like no other, but a really thing they both work.


    Quote Originally Posted by bigb'srxp View Post
    what performs better gutting the box or doing the mod w/ the holes in the baffle and does anyone have post on how to do it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. water box??
    By PAINKILLER in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:59 AM
  2. Water Box Mods!
    By Angelse68cal in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 01:39 PM
  3. water box mod ?
    By Krazy-K in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 06:59 PM
  4. water box mod
    By peter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 10:52 AM
  5. Water Box Mod
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •