Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar

Changing the Catcon to a D-plate

Are there any step by step breakdowns of this? I did a search and did not find any... also do i need do any changes to the carb settings?
    Thanks in advance
    chris

'

The pipe is not hard to pull just a PIA the first time. Get yourself a shop manual, it's the best money you will spend. I would think that the carb settings would not need to be changed with just a D plate install.

Just cleaned up... i have the online version, printer is down though.... i was able to pull the pipe take out the cat con it was still intack and looking goooood... big suprise... bolted on the d-plate and i will put it back tomorrow... the hardest thing for me was getting the 2 sensors unplugged... a good note to remember, on the sensor that is being eliminated, there is a clip on the connector that needs to be reused on the chip, Thanks Puckoach from pwctoday.... anyway only have an hour in it so far... i was extremely happy with that...

The only other question is which lines are the oil lines that come off and what do you guys use to secure them???

I am going to save the jetworks job and the 5 degree nozzle for the summer so i can see where i am at with these upgrades

As always, thanks
    chris
    Last edited by stlouisramsfan; 03-27-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Decided to follow all advice on here and limit mods as much at 1 time so i can really know what the holeshot kit is going to do... just put the exaust back in, went as smooth in as out... i will not dread taking it out again for the holeshot and again to get the carbs done this winter.... Thanks for your help, and especially to the previous post that found through the search engine... right now i am waiting for the 5200 to cure on the pump plug kit and the new inserts then the testing will begin....

+1
    Which oils lines do you need to tie down? Did you find out??

I use zip- ties on my oil lines at my dealership, dont buy them from wal-mart, make sure u get quality. As far as carbs go, if u rejet make sure u cange to a different spring and seat for a better pop-off preasure reading.

No not yet, its the oil lines on the carbs, not sure which one it is on each.... i did not take the U pipe so i couldnt trace it out... i will be installing the holeshot kit in a month or so... so i hope to do it then.... a pic with some circles would be awsome....

+1
    you will like the holeshot kit.
    Jims Performance also has a pumpshoe/ride plate mod that will give you speed too.

I have Jims rideplate, (currently with 2 washers under both front bolts and zero in the rear for starters) as soon as i get it on the water and get the plate to the sweet spot, i am going to add the hole shot kit and then try out the 5 degree nozzle, i hear i get .5 miles per hour out of it... will i lose much on the handling...

What does Jim do/ get out of pump shoe? I just sealed it with 5200
    Thanks
    chris

I'm in the middle of this right now. Can I get some confirmation that I DON'T have to adjust the carbs with just the d-plate?

The instructions say I "may" have to adjust them and then it gives me a starting point for sea level. I'm not at sea level, and I don't want to be pulling the pipe in and out trying to tweak my carbs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information