Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R & D rideplates

got an email today from jerry, and the r & d rideplate is shipping today.
    Cant wait to test it. I doubt it will make it here in time for this weekend skip. But maybe.

Ah finally the wait is over
    It would be cool if you can test it out against a riva plate!

send me a riva plate and I will!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    send me a riva plate and I will!!!
    I'm under impression that both Riva and R & D plates are almost the same..and for wavy (open sea) water is better to stay with original one I'm I right? somewhere here I read that ride plates slow you down about 1 to 2 miles...sorry for my negative opinion but I'm the one who loves acceleration not top speed. although I do not wish to have the slower ultra as I'm running only 63.4 GPS now on stock machine with assuming BOV leaking
    Last edited by sportman; 04-09-2008 at 07:48 AM.

The rideplate will provide you with more gains than any other mod right now for the ultra! People have seen anywhere from 2 - 4 mph from the riva. And the boat wont suffer much in the rough if you put the plate without the wedge, not in ad water conditions anyway.

Some offshore guys also approve of the plate, claiming atleast 1 mile.

ps Red08Ultra250, couple of days ago i was riding it at wot, when all of a sudden the reverse lever explodes right in my face. I return to the beach and i notice a loss of speed (64) and an extremely unstable ride, reminded me of how the seadoos handle the rough. Only after putting it on the trailor did i notice that the rideplate had fell of.

Funny thing is without a rideplate i was dragracing an rxp and i beat him.
    Last edited by turboAD; 04-09-2008 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turboAD View Post
    ps Red08Ultra250, couple of days ago i was riding it at wot, when all of a sudden the reverse lever explodes right in my face. I return to the beach and i notice a loss of speed (64) and an extremely unstable ride, reminded me of how the seadoos handle the rough. Only after putting it on the trailor did i notice that the rideplate had fell of.

Funny thing is without a rideplate i was dragracing an rxp and i beat him.
    No way bro, how did that happen are you running a stock plate. Did it rip the rubber screw mounts off the hull well I think there rubber.

I was running a riva plate and luckily the mounts were unhurt. lucky i guess.

Apparently the mechanic did not tighten the bolts holding the right plate all the way and the silicone had not cured long enough, which probably caused an opening in the front and allowed the water to rip the plate off.

Wow, you were very lucky to have no damage. The screws musta have come out before the silcone let loose otherwise the last screw or two would have likely been snapped off or ripped the seats from the bottom of the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by turboAD View Post
    I was running a riva plate and luckily the mounts were unhurt. lucky i guess.

Apparently the mechanic did not tighten the bolts holding the right plate all the way and the silicone had not cured long enough, which probably caused an opening in the front and allowed the water to rip the plate off.

You need a better Mechanic.

MMMMmmmmm. might need to book that flight soon. Seems your having a few too many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    I'm under impression that both Riva and R & D plates are almost the same..and for wavy (open sea) water is better to stay with original one I'm I right? somewhere here I read that ride plates slow you down about 1 to 2 miles...sorry for my negative opinion but I'm the one who loves acceleration not top speed. although I do not wish to not have the slower ultra as I'm running only 63.4 GPS now on stock machine with assuming BOV leaking
    where did you read that rideplates slow you down? Well I guess it could in really rough water if it is unhooking. I shure didnt notice any slowing down and I was riding in real rough water. Now that my r & d plate is on there I will use my stock plate as a paperwieght.

Turbo, sounds like he didnt use loctite on the bolts.?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information